More descriptive browser title bar text

This seems like a question someone would have asked before, but I couldn’t come up with a good set of search terms.

Every page in my Home Assistant UI says the same thing on its browser tab: “Home Assistant”. This isn’t very descriptive, and is kind of a butt-pain when I have multiple tabs open for the regular interface, the states page, the templates page, etc.

Is there some option buried somewhere to get more descriptive browser title bars? Like “Home Assistant: Dev Tools” when I’m on the Developer Tools page or “Home Assistant: Family Room” when the Family Room Lovelace view is displayed?

1 Like

I don’t know of anything to do that. However there is the favicon changer which enables different favicons for different pages.

That also allows changing the page title. So, yes.

I submitted a feature request for this some time ago here: Unique <title> tags in Web UI

Feel free to up-vote it!

Looks like @thomasloven has done it anyway.

As far as I can tell thomasloven’s add-on only allows for a static change. Every page will say “New Title” in the title bar, rather than a description of what is actually on that page like “Home Assistant: Dev Tools” or “Home Assistant: Hass.io” or “Home Assistant: Configuration: Automation”.

1 Like

Looks like a development job for you then!

I have the same problem too…
It’s really frustrating to work with multiple open tabs that all have the same title.
Has anyone found a solution?
Thanks

I’m not sure what Browser tabs you are talking about ?

Which Version of HA do You Run , 2019.11.X ?

Use FF or EDGE, and dump Your Apple Device :grin: