More problems connecting to Hue lights

Am I the only one getting slightly annoyed with the connection to the Philips Hue hub?
I’ve experienced this issue a while back, but nothing that a few reboots couldn’t fix. Not sure if it’s release related, but when on 0.98.5 I an never able to connect, when I downgrade to 0.98.4, it takes me several restarts. I am on my 10th restart right now and still can’t connect. I am just concerned that my lights won’t come up if there was ever a power failure and the system rebooted on its own while away.

Anyone found a solution? Would connecting to a Zigbee controller such as DeConz or Zigate be a better solution? I know that there is a limitation for Z-Wave devices not being able to pair with more than 1 controller, is it still the same with Zigbee? Can I still pair with the hue bridge and a Zigbee controller?

I am running HA Docker with Ubuntu 18.04 on a NUC.

Try with Zigbee2Mqtt, works great for me.

Thanks Matias,

I have a Zigbee2MQTT dongle, but my first attempt to install it failed. I did find out later on that I would need to setup the communication to “serial” so I may try it again.
I am not that knowledgable to make things work with MQTT, so would have to check that out too.