Mosquito MQTT update v3 broke my hassio

Ignore that prompt and configure it from further down the list

Thanks. What do I configure it with?

It’s asking for broker, port, username and password.

Keeps returning ‘broker not found’.

I put in localhost, 1883 and then the username/password specified in your MQTT settings (look under the core-mosquitto settings under addons, if you are using that)

Actually ‘localhost’ or the IP of the RPi?

localhost worked fine for me

1 Like

That fixed it for me

Did you do a restart?

In my case (and yours) the “MQTT” is in “Integrations” under “Discovered”. In my case there was no need to configure anything (as it is ‘discovered’). I’ve also seen the “Unable to connect to the broker” , but after a restart this was solved.

I’m just getting ‘unable to connect to broker’.

That is the inbuilt broker or are you using the mosquito add on?

Set up of the built in broker was covered here MQTT

1 Like

Thank you!

I’ve now managed to get 1 of my 77 Tasmota sonoffs to work again!

1. Updated to 0.86.1
  2. Unistalled Mosquitto MQTT
  3. Rebooted Rpi
  4. Added
    mqtt:
    password: hello
    to configuration.yaml
  5. Rebooted RPi
  6. Connected to Sonoff and added homeassistant and hello as user name and password in MQTT config.

I can now control the Sonoff again!

So now, how can I change the MQTT login in home assistant so that I don’t need to change it on the other 76 Sonoffs?

Thanks for all the help to get me this far.

1 Like

Same here! worse thing is that i have MQTT switches all over my house running tasomota, and all of the sudden everything stopped working. Worse of all I didn’t discover it, my wife did! And then I get a text saying the house lights aren’t working lol. Setting false to true fixed it for me, however, I still cannot access the UI on port 80 of my tasmota devices.

Broke mine too. I used a snapshot to restore just Mosquito MQTT. Everything back up and running now.

Edit: Sorry just saw possible solutions above. Will upgrade again and try those.

I wish I could do that too :smiley:

What’s stopping you?

hi, sorry for delay, still at work.
I can see that you sorted it out, but just for the record - I didn’t found the file as I didn’t had any bootloop issues, just wanted to clear the file thinking it would help with the rest of problems :wink: I was instructed to move on if bootloop is not a case, so I did. right now still no mqtt and all tasmotas are dead, but will try again soon…

I’m using the addon

I got it to work.

One issue is, that I’ve one login / username combo per device. When I load all the usernames / passwords into the addon, it takes ages to get a connection and I get quite a few connection errors. I don’t really get how one can release such an update…
I switched to the community addon now, since this is properly working.

Hi,

I just got mine up and running finally. Had to take the SD card out and delete the discovery.json file and edit out MQTT from configuration.yaml but i’m now booted and running minus MQTT.

Next challenge.

This was a major pain. I got mine back by follow your instructions. Thanks. I have turned automatic updates off now. This really screwed me. I’m on another continent and the girlfriend freaked out at home.

1 Like

that is several versions in the future😉