Mosquitto addon not starting after updating to v5.0

Since i’ve updated my mosquitto add-on to 5.0, i’m unable to start the add-on. Before everything was working just fine. Pressing the start button results in the button getting red ( see screenshot )

I’ve tried to uninstall/reinstall the mosquitto broker add-on, but not working.

Reverting back to an older snap-shot ( add-on + config and even the system back to 0.95 ) does strangely enough not solve the issue, it’s still not starting? While it was with this snap-shot.

19-07-22 09:12:50 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/armhf-addon-mosquitto:4.3 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("no such image: homeassistant/armhf-addon-mosquitto:4.3: No such image: homeassistant/armhf-addon-mosquitto:4.3").

19-07-22 09:13:10 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.snapshots.snapshot] Can't restore snapshot for core_mosquitto

Looking at the system log, i’m getting this error :

2019-07-22 08:40:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Failed to connect due to exception: [Errno 111] Connection refused
2019-07-22 08:40:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry for mqtt not ready yet. Retrying in 10 seconds.

19-07-22 07:13:54 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker] Can't start addon_core_mosquitto: 403 Client Error: Forbidden ("endpoint with name addon_core_mosquitto already exists in network hassio")

Anyone some suggestions?

I’m in the same boat. I think I’m just going to start from scratch again since I haven’t gone too far down the rabbit hole with my setup yet.

Have you set up an ACL file etc as per the docs?

I stumbled across this thread just before wiping my SD card and starting again. It fixed the issue for me.

I managed to resolve this issue in a very simple way eventually… Restarting the system didn’t help, but doing a power/master cycle solved everything.

1 Like

I’m on HASSOS 3.9 and the above did not work for me.
Fresh install on formtted RPi 3b+.
Any help is appreciated.

This solved my issues as well.