Mosquitto broker - unable to create user

I’m attempting to set up MQTT using the instructions here. I’m stalled at the point where I create a user; there is just no option to add a user, nor anything related to “user” on the add-on Configuration tab. I have Advanced Mode enabled in my profile. I have stopped and restarted both HA and the broker add-on. Any ideas?

I’m running HA core 2021.4 & Mosquitto broker 5.1.

So, you are using the Mosquitto add-on, not a dedicate Mosquitto installation, right? If the GUI part to add/edit users, how about taking the text variant?

That’s correct, I’m using the add-on.

You know… I think this is related to the fact that my certfile and keyfile aren’t where they are supposed to be. I’m reading up on that now, here

OK… that’s fixed. Can you tell me more about the text approach?

It‘s in the link …

I thought you might say that. Sorry… I’m new. So I’m guessing your suggestion is that I need to create the files listed under the heading Access Control Lists (ACLs)?

No, the link points to the following passage:

Option: logins (optional)

A list of local users that will be created with username and password. You don’t need to do this because you can use Home Assistant users too, without any configuration. If a local user is specifically desired:

logins:
  - username: user
    password: passwd

OK, thanks.

My HA just quit entirely, completely inaccessible. So I must have done something wrong while messing with it this morning. I’ll come back to this when I can get back into it…

OK–got this working. Thank you for your responses.