Mosquitto broker > version 4.0 never works

Hi all,

I have had to restore version 4.0 every single time I’ve tried to update the Mosquitto broker add-on.
I am at a loss why it doesn’t work. I’ve googled and tried to find the problem, but I can’t figure it out.
I have no security settings, I have the most standard, plain vanilla installation of the add-on.

Is there something obvious that I am missing? The 4.0 works flawlessly every time I reset it.

Thanks

You need a user and password, either a home assistant user or local. You also need an ACL as per the documents.

1 Like

Is this a requirement starting from 4.1 onwards? Because I don’t have that for the 4.0 version.

ACL since V4.1. See the warning right at the top of the page: https://www.home-assistant.io/addons/mosquitto/

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I will try to get this setup.

Now, the MQTT (version 5) stuff doesn’t work again, it worked shortly, but no longer does so now, my config here:

{
  "logins": [],
  "anonymous": true,
  "customize": {
    "active": true,
    "folder": "mosquitto"
  },
  "certfile": "fullchain.pem",
  "keyfile": "privkey.pem"
}

This is the setup in my folder with the file content.

Is this incorrect?

Follow the docs and add a the user to the accesscontrollist - so far you only have the permissions but no user. You may also need to add the user homeassistant as well.

I was under the impression that there is no need for a regular user. I am not using any user credentials so far and have all setup under anonymous. Does that not work? The docs make no mention of the setup with anonymous users.

No it does not. You need a user to add to the ACL and (as I keep saying) the ACL has been required since v4.1