Mosquitto container stopped working (dockerized setup)

Hi out off de blue mosquitto stopped working. I worke completly dockerized (homeassitant and mosquitto are differnet containers)

If i look at the log i’t comes with

Assertion failed: client_id (persist_read.c: persist__restore_sub: 550)

I can not find anything on it, and rebuilding the cointainer does not work.

Any tips/hint are welcome! Thanks.

I don’t think that error will prevent start. Did you try removing container and restating host.

Error in log refers to Line 46 i think

Thanks for thinking with me.

I think i found it. i had multiple warning in my log with

Unable to connect to the MQTT broker: Connection Refused: not authorised

As a last resourse ik rebuild the complete mqtt container, and when i was add the part off making the user (passwordfile) i got the following warning.

Warning: File /mosquitto/config/mqttuser has world readable permissions. Future versions will refuse to load this file.
Warning: File /mosquitto/config/mqttuser owner is not root. Future versions will refuse to load this file.Warning

After changing the permission off the file it worked again. I think also that i would have worked in with the ‘old’ container.

There where no messages about this warning.

Thanks!

I had the same issue. For me it seemed to be that my persistence database was corrupted or something. I moved/deleted data/mosquitto.db and then the container finally started up.

2 Likes

Same for me. I just uninstalled the addon and reinstalled it. Now everything works again.

1 Like

Same issue for me. Uninstall/reinstall fixed the issue.

Also same for me - very odd.

I also deinstalled Mosquitto and reinstalled it. MQTT didn’t need any reconfiguration - a simple reboot and all was well with nothing missing, as far as I could tell.