Mosquitto not discovered

Good afternoon

As I want to remove a standalone MQTT broker I followed the installation guide for the official mosquitto add-on. Installed and started it, and added a user.

The docs says that as soon it is started the integration should be automatically discovered, which is not. Uninstalled/installed several times and even rebooted the whole system.

I can add the integration manually as 127.0.0.1 and the user/password added before…but then no devices are discovered.

Something I’ve missed during the setup?

thanks in advance
richard

If you’ve moved your broker, you need to tell all the devices feeding it that the broker IP has changed (assuming it has). Have you done that? If not, they’ll still be trying to talk to your standalone broker.

Of course I’ve done that (o;

What the docs says:

MQTT should appear as a discovered integration at the top of the page

→ Isn’t happening

Select it and check the box to enable MQTT discovery if desired, and hit submit.

→ There is no “discovery option” when adding MQTT as 127.0.0.1 manually

And nothing in mosquitto logs…looks fine:

[11:34:49] INFO: Starting mosquitto MQTT broker...
2023-05-11 11:34:49: Warning: Mosquitto should not be run as root/administrator.
[11:34:49] INFO: Successfully send discovery information to Home Assistant.
[11:34:50] INFO: Successfully send service information to the Supervisor.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-11 um 11.54.30

Installed HA freshly on another RPi and the added mosquitto…

Soon it was shown as a newly discovered integration…but no option to set the discovery at all as per docs.

IMG_0267

Devices can connect to the broker and I can see this via MQTT explorer…but still no devices/entities are discovered in HA…

it is well hidden

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

Is enabled since beginning…no joy…

Changed device topic and I see the new topic in mqtt explorer…also there is a discover option in the mqtt device…nothing is discovered…and nothing in logs…

Good morning (o;

What does HA expect to discover a new device?

I can manually send a discovery from the device and sends this topic (one of many):

homeassistant/sensor//ch0_P_AC/config`

Is the double slash “//” in the topic confusing HA?