Most WLED devices crashing everytime I restart Home Assistant

SO every time I restart HA most of my WLED ESP32s crash and need to be power cycled.

I haven’t seen anyone with this issue really. Im using a kinda obscure node-red-contrib-wled2 to control though Node Red.

Has anyone had any similar issues?

2 Likes

Define “crash”.

Unresponsive to the webui or HA and need to be power cycled

1 Like

So, no error messages or log entries?
Can you control the WLED device from its web page?

I regularly restart (from UI) and it doesn’t impact my WLED ESP32, but that might be related to the only WLED crash (stopped responding) after a recent update (not sure if it was the 2024.3 or the patch right before it).

No it just becomes unavailable sadly

No, completely dead. Cant ping it, just totally crashed :frowning:

Is the WLED device online? Can you ping it? How are you powering the WLED device?

Restarting Home Assistant can’t have any effect on the WLED device. It’s like saying your car won’t start because you wore a blue shirt.

Same here, if i send 4 commands fast to the esp32 wled, through home assistant, the esp32 crashes. The wled ui does not load anymore, disconnects from wifi etc.

From the wled web i can send all the commands fast and does not crash…

Hi I found this

And reverting to the version to 0.14.0 instead of 0.14.1 in wled @smarthomeaf worked. Hope they fix this in newer version.

Thank you! I just updated to version 0.14.2-b2 and its still happening. It seems to have started after 0.14.1, and it seems to be (for me anyway) when I restart HA (Someone mentioned to many commands at once, but who knows)

Ok so early days, but it looks like 0.14.2 has fixed my issue. No crashing of WLED devices when restarting HA