Motion-activated light doesn't find device anymore

I have two Aqara/Tuya motion sensors setup via Zigbee2MQTT. I had created an automation via the motion-activated light blueprint with both of them.

I needed to remove the automation to change some settings, but now the blueprint cannot find any matching device which supports motion-detection. The drop down is simply empty.

The devices are still integrated, are giving updates via MQTT, which also show up in home assistant.
Restart of Home Assistant did not change anything.

How can I troubleshoot this? Any idea?

The blueprint expects your motion sensors to be binary_sensor of device_class motion.
I guess yours are not.

I haven’t used the Blueprint, but you appear to be missing a sensor in the device. You have illuminance and Occupancy sensors but no Presence sensor. Since Presence is the primary sensor for motion I assume that’s what the Blueprint is looking for.

I see you have 1 hidden sensor, is that a Presence sensor by any chance? If so try enabling it and see if it works

I had both sensors already set up in this blueprint, so that’s what I’m so puzzled about.
I now checked in the MQTT info and for whatever reason, they now appear as “occupance” sensors, not as motion sensors (anymore). This seems to be the issue.

Feels like I have to create my own automation with timers myself.

The hidden entity is the illumance interval, so that’s not helping.
The presence sensor is actually the “Belegung” in the screenshot. It correctly changes according to motion.

Just remove the device_class: motion filter from the blueprint. Done.

2 Likes