Motion activated light with camera not working

Hi,
Blueprint Motion-activated Light does not work for me, please recommend a solution.
i am running HA in a docker, so no HACS.
Tried to use Motion-activated Light blueprint and run into a rather obvious issue.
My motion input comes from a camera. When motion is detected, the designated light is turned on, so far so good. After the wait time 120s default), the light turns off. Sounds good? Yes!
But… Because of the light turned off, the camera (which is in range of this light) detects motion, triggering the automation again.
How do I avoid this? Or, should the developers add some dead time after the light is turned off?

Please ask this in the topic that you found the blueprint in first.
Most of the people here don’t have that blueprint installed, don’t even have a link to it, don’t have the hardware, etc.
Everyone in the original topic does.

Pinned post this category:

Apologies for asking in a wrong place, this is my first time with blueprints. I found this one in the default HA installation, and would be grateful if you could point me either to the right location to ask the question, or to a blueprint that would not have this issue. Thanks a lot!

blueprint:
  name: Motion-activated Light
  description: Turn on a light when motion is detected.
  domain: automation
  source_url: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/blob/d6ba7bf5063c0b35b769ded8c2f7995774dd0179/homeassistant/components/automation/blueprints/motion_light.yaml
  author: Home Assistant

Oh, the built-in blueprint. I guess this is the right place then.
Not quite sure what I would do with that problem. The blueprint is not well suited for that kind of issue.
I would suggest looking thru the blueprint exchange I guess to see if one of the other motion light blueprint could handle that better.
Blueprints Exchange - Home Assistant Community.

Thank you, I’ll look for a more suitable one.

1 Like