Motion sensor always stays "clear" despite mqtt explorer showing everything correctly

So I setup blue iris to send mqqt alerts to home assistant using mosquitto broker. I setup the camera to send an mqtt alert when motion is detected using the Topic “BlueIris/&CAM/Status” and the payload “{ “type”: “&TYPE”, “trigger”: “ON” }” and to retain message. For the on reset i used the payload “{ “type”: “&TYPE”, “trigger”: “OFF” }”. Whenever I go walk in front of the camera it sends the alert to mqqt and I can verify this by checking the mqtt explorer. Whenever I go into home assistant, I can see the motion sensor entity for that camera but for some reason it always shows clear. This used to work fine weeks ago when I first installed home assistant but now I cant get it to work again. I have tried restoring a backup from weeks ago, as well as completely uninstalling both home assistant and blue iris to restart from scratch and its still only showing clear. What is going on here?

I have this problem today. Did you solve?

Has anyone figured this out? I am having the same problem, is HA possibly expecting MOTION instead of MOTION_A

Anyone figure this out? I’m having the same issue. BI sends MQTT info which MQTT Explorer picks up, but it’s not showing up in HA.

No updates from me but I would love to get it working.

How did you create the sensor in HA ?

I think I got this figured out and working. This is what I use for the following MQTT info in BlueIris:

Topic: BlueIris/&CAM/Status
Payload: { “type”: “Motion_AI”, “trigger”: “ON” }
MQTT retain message

I used this. You should also set your clear/break/timeout value on BI so that after a specific time it resets. I like to have mine done on the Alert (as opposed to Trigger):

On alert
MQTT topic: BlueIris/&CAM/Status
Post/payload: { “type”: “&TYPE”, “trigger”: “ON” }
MQTT retain message: yes

On reset
MQTT topic: BlueIris/&CAM/Status
Post/payload: { “type”: “&TYPE”, “trigger”: “OFF” }
MQTT retain message: yes

I have the BI motion detection set as a Trigger \ Immediate (pre-alert) action because I don’t need BI to analyze for AI- I just want HA to receive the trigger as soon as possible so it can display a pop-up on my tablet. I have a separate Alert \ On alert action setup in BI to analyze with AI and send a notification to my phone if it detects certain objects. I did setup a BI Alert \ On reset action to reset the initial trigger.