Motion sensor responds to motion late

I have setup automation in HACS for a Tapo Motion sensor and a Tapo smart light bulb. Idea is that motion will turn the light on - very simple. However there is quite a delay in the light turning on. Not sure if no motion is detected or what.
If I disable this automation and do something similar via the Tapo app, the light turns on instantly. Preference of course would be to use HA as that offers more options.

EDIT: Kept an eye on timing as registered in both the Tapo app and HA. First time I enter a room, HA records movement 15 seconds later than the Tapo app. If I enter 5 minutes later timings seem to be fairly identical.

This is the automation I’ m using (but don’t think that this is the issue)

trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - <sensor id>
    to: 'on'
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - <sensor id>
    to: 'off'
    for:
      seconds: 20
condition: []
action:
  - service: light.turn_{{ trigger.to_state.state }}
    target:
      entity_id: <bulb id>
mode: single

the tapo integration says it’s local polling… which means you’re going to be at the mercy of the poll interval. may be possible to override the polling interval, but of course that’s not a great solution…

1 Like

Use the Tapo matter integration instead. Runs fully local and the sensors are as fast as they can be, means super quick recognizing motion but still need like a minute to cool down.

Eve Motion e.g. has a much quicker cool down of roughly 10 seconds instead.