Motion sensor shows up as moisture/leak sensor and contact sensor shows as on/off

I’m new to HA and am switching over from Smartthings. I have two ST motion sensors added to HA but they show up as moisture/leak sensors. When there is motion, they report as “wet” and when there is not motion they show as “dry”. I have three ST “multi-sensors” that are contact sensors. All three of them show as on/off switches.

Why are these not showing up correctly and how can I get them configured as the correct type of sensor?

I’m running Hass.io OS on a RP 3b+

Are you sure they are switches and not binarys_sensors?

You can change the device class through customization. Take a look here:

The device class for motion sensors should be “motion” and for contact sensors it should be “door”. You can find the device classes here:

Please be informed that the state of binary_sensors is always “on” or “off”. The states “wet”, “open” etc. are only for the frontend. So if you do automations with this binary sensors you need to use on/off there.

I followed the instructions and changed

binary_sensor.smartthings_motionv4_57940301_ias_zone 

to

binary_sensor.smartthings_motionv4_57940301_motion

Not is just shows this in Home Panel
screenshot-122019-19:51:09

Which instructions did you follow?? There is no one mentioned to change the entity id as far as I know

Hey, I know this is old, but I had the same problem. I think there might have been some HA versions where zha motion sensor attributes weren’t read correctly on pairing.

I just completely removed a couple Centralite 3326-L motion sensors that I’ve had showing up as “wet” / “dry” for a long time, and they correctly show as motion sensors once added back. Note that I had to remove the zha devices in HA - simply re-pairing without first removing didn’t fix the issue.