MotionEye 0.9.0 update failure

hi Werner, I also use Raspbian! The instructions I have indicated are for using a custom repository to load the previous version 0.8.1 through Hassio supervisor …

I am a starting Home Assistant but after some searching and reading I understand what you mean, thanks! I’ll try it this evening.

I couldn’t wait and I did and it works! Thx …
Now wait and see if the next update has solved the error, in any case not set to automatic update.

1 Like

Same here, just stopped working…

Sorry, but I do not understand all of the steps you mention: how exactly do you change MotionEye in the Addon to download previous version?

1 Like

restored based on the procedure from @arkimedes, thank you very much
the 0.9.0 addon works fine if you have raspberry pi cameras, but not on other 3rd party cameras.
@gdschut - temporary solutin till the community addon is fixed:

1. open the current faulty addon and do Backup of existing configuration of motion eye (save the file on you pc).

2. remove the current community addon for motioneye - uninstall

3. add respository - the link provided by @arkimedes

4. install that particular addon of motioneye (e.g. at the bottom, from the repository of mikyjazz)

5. finally, login to ME (admin, no password) and Restore the config from the file you saved on the PC at step 1

Note: My tar backup file was quite big, and had a huge core file inside. Check if such core file is present, and remove it from the archive. The restore on step 5 will fail unless you remove the core file from the tar.

3 Likes

Thank you!!! I restored the previous version and now it works! :grinning:

I restored previous version simply searching a snapshot dated before the 0.9.0 update. In the proposed restore I selected only “motoneye add-on” (partial restore). The procedure executes completely automatically. The version 0.8.1 has been automatically restored. Now all it works as before.

1 Like

Thank you alex :wink:

motionEye 0.9.0 updated and is working fine on my Debian/Supervised installation.

that’s special !

When did you know the add-on has been repaired ? You can try by the next update, but that is a risk, I assume.

Keep an eye on the github issue here (although I must say it doesn’t have a lot of traction yet) https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-motioneye/issues/115

That’s what I am running, but I get the same unable to start motion error.

Not much use without a log I’m afriad.

Confirming that v0.10.1 now works again (HA 0.115.1 and Rpi2)

1 Like

I read that it is working again, but how can I update it ?
I’am now working with the version of @arkimedes (thank you) and now I thought :
Backup
Uninstall
and install the v.0.10.3
and than restore the backup, but that doesn’t work

Can anybody help me ?
(I learn a lot, but there is also a lot to learn)

Hi Werner, you must backup and restore ONLY configuration files…

Thank you, it works ! Great !

The issue was fixed whereby the temporary repository with the workaround was closed