MotionEye not sending commands after a while

Hello everyone,

I have an issue.
I’m running motioneye from my Home Assistant server.
I have one camera (for now) that should run a command on detection.
The command for this is the following:

mosquitto_pub -h 127.0.0.1 -t homeassistant/cameras/parkeerplaats/motion -m "true" -q 2

This will set an MQTT property to true with QoS 2

In Home Assistant this topic is converted into a motion sensor, which turns my outdoor lights on.

To return the property back to false, I send the following command:

mosquitto_pub -h 127.0.0.1 -t homeassistant/cameras/parkeerplaats/motion -m "false" -q 2

This will set an MQTT property to false with QoS 2
I send this command at Run An End Command and also(because the previous command doesn’t always trigger) when file is saved to my NAS (Samba share).

The issue:
This system works for a while but at some point it stops sending the commands. The detection is working, but It does not update the MQTT topic anymore.

I jumped in front of the camera 15 times and everything works great! But 30 minutes later when I try it again it doesn’t work anymore. When looking at the MQTT topic it doesn’t change either. Which traces the issue back to sending the commands. This because it is still detecting me perfectly fine.

In the logs I can’t seem to find anything related to this issue.

My best gues is that it could be something related to samba thats making it not sending commands. Does anyone know the problem, or a way to figure out what’s going on?:wink::+1:

Regards,

Steven