Motor on a roller blind - ESPHome version?

I know for a long time, there was flood of fake tb6600 on the market and that was causing some issues for people. They still worked but had small differences, just google it if you want to know more. As far as HA supporting the tb6600, they wouldn’t ever because that makes no sense. Also, this is why they aquired Esphome, it already supports a variety of stepper drivers along with countless other stuff. Right now, i dont believe that specific driver is officially supported but, even still esphome has the tools for you to send out pwm and adjust frequency to easily use whatever driver you got and get that stepper stepping.

Another option is use a driver that is supported already. Current/amps is going to be the limiting factor. If the current you actually need for the load your driving exceeds the max current rating for the driver, thats no good. If your under the max limit then use another driver temporarily.

Im also in the process of upgrading my ‘veneta’ Venetian blinds with tilt control using a jga25

If my POC works I’ll design a small PCB to fit next to the motor

1 Like

Any update on this? I see for example Somfy with an expensive product, so curious if you succeeded or not :slight_smile:

since the DC motor is super loud, I’m changing to a stepper, also better control. but the current stepper doen’t have feedback so another stepper is on its way from Aliexpress, comparble size as DC motor

Where exactly do you need to add this code?