Mounting options for ESP32 D1 Mini boards

Curious how others are mounting this device (Project box recommendation) or are you leaving it “naked”. I dont have access to a 3D printer.

Share a pic of your project if you can.

D1_Mini

I started buying the ‘version 3’ of these which have mounting holes included.

Thread title says ESP32, but these are both 8266 boards?

I’ll be honest, I just read ‘D1 mini’ and didn’t pay any attention to ‘ESP32’… oops.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I just read ‘D1 mini’ and didn’t pay any attention to ‘ESP32’… oops.

You can get ESP32 D1 mini’s, but not with the factory mounting holes. For those I have simply drilled small holes similar to the v3 I linked to.

I saw this mounting option on a FB post earlier today.

Im soldering headers and pins to.the esp’s (left side headers, right side pins, to have a kind of reverse inserting protection) and oposing mounts.to a perfboard, which gets all terminals, headers and so on, to make the esp.easy.swappable, just in case i blow it up or need to reflash it vis usb. The board goes inside a.box for electrical wiring. They are kinda cheap, normally easy to get and are isolating. Enverionmental sensors like temperature/humidity/air pressure get a pin header on the board (easier testing) and an extention to the outside of.the box, so that it clamps into place with normal pins. Its.just for.indoor use