Move from fhem: HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU -> heat plan

Hello,

I use at the moment fhem and I want to move to HASS. I was able to configure opengear/HASS/HMLAN with Homatic HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU / HM-CC-RT-DN. The basics works. Now I want to know, how my wife is able to configure and transmit the heat plan to the HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU. In fhem she is able to open the config file and execute the right commands ( all via web), to transmit the new plan to all required devices. O.K, open a plain config txt and execute a Perl function isn’t quite comfortable, so I want to make it better for her.
How can I do it?

I prefer to store the heat plan into the devices in combination with “auto”, because if the cubietruck or the services are down … the heat works independent.

Suggestions are welcome :slight_smile:

We don’t support setting heating plans through HASS. The UI of HASS is too generic to incorporate such a complex dialog to set the times of the day with the desired temperatures.

So currently the only ways to do this is either through the UI of the CCU (if you have a CCU) or using the Windows application that’s available to directly pair devices with the HM-CFG-LAN or HM-CFG-USB.
An alternative would be to set the mode to manual and use automations (by editing the yaml files) in HASS to set temperatures. That’s what HASS is there for anyhow. Although fiddeling around with the yaml-files requires some earning on how to do that correctly. But compared to the ugly way it’s done in FHEM your wife may like that better anyways. :smiley:

I set my thermostats with a fixed timetable for the normal days. If somebody is at home outside of these defined times, i set the thermostats to manual + 21C and set them back to auto if everyone is gone.
https://github.com/cyberkov/home-assistant-config/blob/master/automation/heizung_aussertuerlich.yaml

Hope this helps.
Cheers Hannes

1 Like

Hello Daniel,

thanks for the reply. That is a bit sad. I don’t have the CCU, because it isn’t required with with Fhem, same like with homegear :slight_smile: So maybe it is possible via homegear.

cu denny

Homegear emulates the XML-RPC API the CCU has. So yes, you can use the “Konfigurationsadapter LAN Usersoftware” (you’ll find that in the dowload section of the eq3 website) to pair and configure your devices. When installed, you get a shortcut called “HomeMatic-Komponenten konfigurieren”. Im there you go to “Datei -> Einstelungen” and select “Entfernter BidCos-Service” and enter the IP where Homegear is running with port 2001 (by default).
You only have to do this once, and from then on whenever you start the program it automatically connects to Homegear and you can configure everything. That’s much easier then doing it in Perl for FHEM or using automation in HASS.
I myself used the HM-CFG-LAN with FHEM for a long time. But recently I switched to the CCU. The performance with HASS is a little better compared to a Raspberry Pi 3 running Homegear. But it still works fine.

1 Like