Moved to Ubuntu platform now somethings dont work (LIFX)

Hi all,

Im fairly new to linux and HA. I was running HA on a raspberry pi, and eventually had some issues with the SD card. I decided to start a fresh and install HA on my ESXI server instead using ubuntu 16. Everything went pretty smoothly, i copied over my old YAML files, and everything is back to normal. I noticed though that the effects calls on for my LIFX globes no longer function.

Why would this be?

I did notice (but not sure if it makes a difference), that the version of HA that is installed is 0.53.1. Could this be the issue?

I tried to updating using ‘pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant’, but after that everything broke, and im not linux savvy enough to know what went wrong or how to fix it. So i rolled back to the previous backup

Thanks for any help

Also, i checked out the logs. What does all this mean?:

2017-09-24 11:49:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/aiolifx_effects/aiolifx_effects.py”, line 294, in async_light_play
device.set_waveform(args)
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/aiolifx/aiolifx.py”, line 563, in set_waveform
self.req_with_ack(LightSetWaveform, value, callb=callb)
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/aiolifx/aiolifx.py”, line 200, in req_with_ack
msg = msg_type(self.mac_addr, self.source_id, seq_num=self.seq_next(), payload=payload, ack_requested=True, response_requested=False)
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/aiolifx/msgtypes.py”, line 354, in init
self.skew_ratio = payload[“skew_ratio”]
KeyError: ‘skew_ratio’
2017-09-24 11:49:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/aiolifx_effects/aiolifx_effects.py”, line 294, in async_light_play
device.set_waveform(args)
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/aiolifx/aiolifx.py”, line 563, in set_waveform
self.req_with_ack(LightSetWaveform, value, callb=callb)
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/aiolifx/aiolifx.py”, line 200, in req_with_ack
msg = msg_type(self.mac_addr, self.source_id, seq_num=self.seq_next(), payload=payload, ack_requested=True, response_requested=False)
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.5/site-packages/aiolifx/msgtypes.py”, line 354, in init
self.skew_ratio = payload[“skew_ratio”]
KeyError: ‘skew_ratio’

That is a version mismatch, I’m not sure how you could end up with that.

Try ‘pip3 install aiolifx==0.5.4’ to get a version that works with HA 0.53.1.

1 Like