Moving from HA Vm to HA docker (Unraid)

HI all.

I made a backup of my old HA (Vmware player)

I installed Home-Assistant-Core in Unraid as a docker.

I extracted the homeassistant.tar.gz and removed all the files in the new docker an copyed the files into the docker.

But i get the start page? Unavngivet — ImgBB

I was recommended to remove the db2 file but still the same problem.

What can i do?

Thanks!
Regards Daniel

Did you copy .secrets?
It would have been located in config folder

EDIT
I meant .storage hidden folder

first time I did this, I copied htrough windows and I did not see the (dot) .storage folder and had the same, this contains file with user/pwd (auth_provider.homeassistant).
Not sure if this is the root cause but have a look.

Yeap i got .storage :slight_smile:

Is it the .storage from backup or newly created after move install? You need the original

It is from the backup. I really dont understand why this is happening.

did you check the file I mentioned above? Note that I am not 100% sure that this is the cause but if that file does not contain your user/pwd then for sure it will not work
Other idea… maybe your docker volume does not point to this folder ?

1 Like

Ouh nope i didnt check that. Thanks! I will have a look later.

Im pretty sure that the container is pointing the coreect place :slight_smile:

Old and new HA are same version?

And check what is says in home-assistant.log and log1 …maybe access issues ?

HI all.

First:
I cant open the file “auth” with notepad++
I can fine open http.auth:
{
“version”: 1,
“minor_version”: 1,
“key”: “http.auth”,
“data”: {
“content_user”: “48208040809441d2a319c56cba8df329”
}
}

Second:
home asssitant log says:
2022-11-24 03:18:38.647 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] The system could not validate that the sqlite3 database at //config/home-assistant_v2.db was shutdown cleanly
2022-11-24 03:18:40.586 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.sluk_for_sonos] Got error ‘Device ID 43c3a21bee6780435815ff44fcacd4d5 is not valid’ when setting up triggers for Sluk for Sonos

home-assistant.log.1
2022-11-23 03:22:23.657 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] The system could not validate that the sqlite3 database at //config/home-assistant_v2.db was shutdown cleanly
2022-11-23 03:22:24.930 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.sluk_for_sonos] Got error ‘Device ID 43c3a21bee6780435815ff44fcacd4d5 is not valid’ when setting up triggers for Sluk for Sonos
2022-11-23 20:33:47.323 WARNING (Thread-4) [pychromecast.socket_client] [SHIELD(192.168.1.201):8009] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection
2022-11-23 20:33:49.632 ERROR (Thread-4) [pychromecast.socket_client] [SHIELD(192.168.1.201):8009] Failed to connect to service ServiceInfo(type=‘host’, data=(‘192.168.1.201’, 8009)), retrying in 5.0s

I was recommended on Discord to delete the db2 file.

I updated the HA on my VM (Vmware) to det newest.
And in unraid im on the newest version.

Thanks!
Regards Daniel

Odd about fhe sqlite, I use this in multiple env. and back them up / restore…never seen this
But… most important… does it work now? Was it ‘only’ the db?

Edit: I meant to open a file “auth_provider.homeassistant” in .storage

Sorry nope i still get the “create a acount”

I cant find a file called auth_provider.homeassistant :frowning:

Ahhh i think i know what is wroung.

I cant “upload” all the files into home assitant appdata folder.

I will try something else.

Ahh got it! Thanks sir!

When i tryed to upload the files in Unraid it wont upload all the files!

It works now!
Meny thanks!

Great, please mark a post for ‘solution’ (next to the bottom right icons. … IF that option is available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Daniel,
I have the same issue how did you solve this ?
Tried to unpack and paste old config into the new HA docker installation. But windows says i dont have the permission to do that.