Moving from Hassio to Home assistant core

Sinds a few weeks I have installed a new server in my home. I have been using a raspberry pi with hassio for years now. Now I wan’t to move it all to home assistant core, I know that I will lose the supervisor (addons, snapshots, and more). But the real question here is how to move all the other stuff to home assistant core?

Can someone send me in the right direction here.

Backup your /config directory, including the hidden folders under /config. Restore in the /config directory of the new installation.

Wait, it’s really that easy???
I’m pretty sure I have to install the sw of each add-on in a “stand-alone way” and config them from scratch.

Add-ons yes.

That is just your home assistant configuration.

1 Like

@francisp
I’m trying to migrate also, but nothing was restored but the yaml file themselves.

I did a full homeassistant folder backup and restore.
None of the integrations, entities, users, tokens, lovelace etc was restored and it seems like i have to start everything from the beginning all over again…

Any tip would be appreciated!

Did you also copy the hidden folders under /config (.storage, .cloud, .vscode ) ?

No!

And you are my saviour :wink:

Hey, im having the same issue but think im a bit further back here…

How do i backup from the current hassio folder and restor it to the new docker homeassistant install?

Via my windows 10, I can map to the old machine, copy the files over via FTP but the transfer fails. I think because the docker install is done via root.

Am i missing a step?

Does the ftp account have the correct permissions?

I’m using the “pi” account to connect to the FTP. So I think so, but if the HomeAssistant folder is owned by Root maybe not?

I have installed home assistant on docker as well and remember that I needed the right permissions to modify the files. If I was you I would try to access the files with root permissions.

How can i do that? I can’t FTP in as root as their is no password set? Or do i just need to set a root password?

You can use this command to make the config folder yours:

chown your-name:your-name -R config-dir

Then you can access it without root authority :laughing:

tried with SFTP WinSCP?
(or some other sftp client)

ps:username MUST be root :thinking: