Moving from HassWP to HassOS

Hi,

I started using HA a few weeks ago after installing the HassWP version on a laptop. Needless to say, I quickly learned of the limitations to the WP version. I’ve just completed setting up a Linux/Hyper-V installation and sucessfully booted HassOS. But I want to recover all the config work I’ve done over the past few weeks. I assumed that this would be as “easy” as copying my HassWP config info to the OS environment. My assumption seemed to be validated by this from the HassWP GitHub page,

Move config
You can transfer your configuration to another Hass installation at any time. In another HassWP, venv, docker, hass.io, etc. Windows or Linux, it doesn’t matter. Just move the contents of the config folder to a new location. Remember about config/.storage folder, it is also important.

Before any movement - stop the old and new Home Assistant!

However, I’ve been unable to find out how to do this or where the OS config files are stored. Any help or pointers appreciated. Sorry about the newbie questions…I am making progress :slight_smile: -)

I figured it out on my own. I installed the add-on Samba which exposed the HA file system to me. I then found this link which was very helpful. https://orbitcityhomes.com/2020/07/getting-samba-and-windows-10-working-with-home-assistant/#:~:text=Getting%20Samba%20to%20Work%20with%20Home%20Asssistant%20and,Type%20\\ip-address.of.ha%20and%20press%20Enter.%20More%20items...%20
Then I copied the contents of the config folder from the HassWP environment to HassOS. All seems to be working well and I recoverd my previous devices and configurations