Moving from Windows to Raspberry Pi: AIO install or not?

I just bought my first RP3 and while I have a working Windows installation, my goal is to move that installation to the Pi. I assume I will install everything, then once the install is complete, move my YAML files with the configs, devices, customizations, etc over to the Pi before I start HA.

In my environment, I have a Wink hub that is acting as my Zigbee/Zwave radio so I won’t be using a Zwave stick, and I use CloudMQTT which is correctly set up and working well.

So my question is: Can I/Should I still use the All In One installer or do I need to use the older method? I ask since I know that the All In One install includes Z-Wave, MQTT and the Open-Zwave Control Panel and I assume I will not be using these.

Also, if there is anything else I should be aware of I’d appreciate the heads up. :grin:

Anyone? I was going to try this today and I guess the worst that can happen is that I have to wipe the SD card and start again, but it would be a lot better to know going in…

I used the AIO installer and will recommend it. It automatically sets up lot of things that are otherwise pain to configure. As you said, it is very easy to reformat the card and start over again, if you don’t like it.

1 Like

Thanks man; I kinds needed at least one vote of confidence before I tried this later in the day. I’ve never used a POI or Arduino before and my exposure to linux is limited. Much appreciated, I’ll go AIO.