MPPT Solar Charge Controller with RJ45 to Home Assistant advice needed

Hi,
i wonder if someone could help with some ideas about the follwoing:
Ive got MPPT Solar Charge Controller with rj45 port in it that suppose to transfer battery data.
I wonder how can i connect that rj45 rwead the data (particularly voltage and battery charge level) and transfer it to home assistant?
I was wondering if esp8266 or something similar can be used? Can i read and decode the rj45 signal and then send it to home assistant via mqtt?

If so and you ever came across a similar project or have some advice or ideas please could you share? :slight_smile:

Just need some direction and ideas where to start from…

The mptt controller i have is:
Y&H 30A MPPT Solar Charge Controller with LCD Display Tracer AN Series 12V

Cheers,
Alex

Hi,

I have the same problem, my MPPT controller is MUST PC18-8015F have port RJ45 (RS485) and USB. On USB port receive info on my PC with dedicated APP.
But i want to connect to HA.

Can anyone help us in any direction ?

Thank you.
Cristi

Hi There,
The method I use for now (untill something HA direct comes along) is commercial. ICC Software has a solution that does all the hard work and not to expensive, the good thing for HA is builtin MQTT (two way) for integration into HA.

Cheers
Rob

Hi Cristi2005,I found this:

that is along with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V21DxV9H6vE&lc=UgwzbJhOWjAa2Uzqo154AaABAg.9FCR4jOz53M9FCb7ZJp6dq

will make it possible to have the data in home assistant or elsewhere.
The only problem they are sold out here: https://www.tindie.com/products/plop211/epever-rs485-to-wifi-adaptor-v15/

If you are interested perhaps adding yourself to a list or dropping a message to the guy who makes it will make it available sooner? :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for this info, i verify if this kit works with my controller and i will say here all info.

BR. Cristi

Hello,
Did anyone succeed to integrate MUST PC18-8015F with Hassio?

I tried with Esphome and ttl rs485 adaptor but with no luck. I think it is a code issue.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Ricardo

Why not use Elfin-EW11 or eperver ebox-01. I have used both of them to connect my charge controller to HA over wifi and they both work.

HI,
the conversation is very old and so I hope to be read.

how did you connect eperver ebox-01a home assistant? I didn’t find any epever integration.
Sorry for the dumb question, but I’m a beginner…

Thank you

Hello Chukaonline, would the ebox-01a work with any charge controller?

Mine is a Felicity mppt charge controller and it has an RJ45 port with no instruction on the manual.

Please let me know. Thanks

It looks similar to the SRNE hybrid inverter series just like mine. Try this document which is what I used to set up mine. The pin config for the RJ45 is on the lat page.

Thank you. will check it out.