MQTT Alarm Control Panel for Raspberry Pi and Android

I understand and the option is yours. If you use the app for RPi3 it may work but I can’t support or update it. Google also just announced Flutter for RPi and I will be investigating how to migrate the Android app to once again run on a RPi but no timeline can be provided .

thanks for the fast reply. Nop, install a11 on RPI4 and the Android app

Let’s start with the problems :):

I have a config set up like this:

• platform: manual_mqtt
    state_topic: “home/alarm”
    command_topic: “home/alarm/set”
    name: Allarme Casa
    code: 1234
    pending_time: 30
    delay_time: 30
    trigger_time: 30

I can’t “see” the alarm from the app

The MQTT client is configured (ip, username and password)

edit: SOLVED

I would like to translate the app into Italian, if that’s okay for you

For translations, you would have to do a pull request of Github repository, adding your translation folder (the way Android adds translations) and then update the string resource file. An example is translations for Espanol, each localization has its own folder name specific for the language, then strings.xml file. You would have to add the folder and then update the strings.xml file with your translations. The new folder would be called values-it. Here is a link to the example ES translations https://github.com/thanksmister/android-mqtt-alarm-panel/tree/master/app/src/main/res/values-es

1 Like

created folder “values-it” and the “strings.xml” file with all the translations made.

Thanks, that has now been merged and will be in the next update!

1 Like

How do I apply this theme (my black theme/buttons look different)? It looks awesome

@thanksmister Like to start off by saying great project, thanks for everything you do.

I am experiencing an issue where when sending the following command:

{"dashboard": 1}

the app does not navigate to the second page, it just flickers on the alarm panel page. Any idea why this happens?

Hi @thanksmister. Thanks for doing this. I was about to embark on creating something similar so you saved me a ton of work :slight_smile:

I am trying to use this on a Sonoff NS Panel Pro. There are a few questions I have around this:

Is it possible to rename labels? e.g. ‘Arm’ instead of ‘Arm Away’
Is it possible to add margin to above the System Disarmed button (small screen size squashes it up)
Can the clock be hidden? At the moment the clock is hidden half behind the System Disarmed button (small screen size)
I get a notification message when I enter the disarm code saying “A code is required and was not provided”. I am entering the correct code and it is disarming the system so not sure where this is coming from?

thanks

Actually @thanksmister I have downloaded Android Studio and am trying to run your code but it seems to be missing the google-service.json file. If this isn’t sensitive, are you able to share it please? Then I can try and make the UI changes.
thanks