Mqtt configuration.yaml This integration has no devices

Hi,

I’m new to home assistant and have problems with the setup of home assistant.
The documentation I found so far assumes that you now how home assistant works. But at this point I still don’ t understand the structure how to configure home assistant.

I want to integrate zigbee2mqtt. when I look in the log of zigbee2mqtt I see that message are successful posted to the mqtt broker.

When I try to read the sensor data in home assistant i got this message: This integration has no devices.
I don’ t understand what it means? is the device zigbee2mqtt or the zigbee temperature sensor?

• Where are the log messages of the embedded mqtt broker? how do I debug it?
  • how do I disable the embedded mqtt broker? and use mosquitto.
  • what does this message mean, what is the problem? how do i solve it?
  • Is there any more detailed information how to configure it.

I use hassbian because if you login at hass.io there is nothing. Where is the linux environment?

Thanks,
EVS

How are you trying to read the sensor data?

Look in the dev-states page for your entities. You should see something under the “sensor.” area.

I added this to configuration.yaml

#mqtt:
embedded:
discovery_prefix: homeassistant
discovery: true
birth_message:
topic: ‘hass/status’
payload: ‘online’
will_message:
topic: ‘hass/status’
payload: ‘offline’

Next in home assistant:
configuration -> integrations -> mqtt configuration.yaml
I got this message: This integration has no devices.

I found dev-state page. But there is nothing related to mqtt. Do I need to add something there?

I’m using version 0.89.2

Thanks!!

you won’t necessarily see anything about mqtt in there. You hopefully should see the sensors/switches/etc that are discovered by HA tho.

the “this integration has no devices” message is normal.

but the biggest question is why is the “mqtt:” commented out?

it won’t work at all like that.

mqtt is commented out because i tried multiple configurations. Without any luck. in configure.yaml it isn’t.

This is posted to the broker:
Mar 18 20:32:09 hassbian npm[18937]: zigbee2mqtt:info 3/18/2019, 8:32:09 PM MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d00025f1dc2’, payload ‘{“temperature”:18.13,“linkquality”:65,“humidity”:43.75,“pressure”:1021.6,“battery”:100,“voltage”:3025}’
Mar 18 20:32:09 hassbian npm[18937]: zigbee2mqtt:info 3/18/2019, 8:32:09 PM MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d00025f1dc2’, payload ‘{“temperature”:18.13,“linkquality”:65,“humidity”:43.78,“pressure”:1021.6,“battery”:100,“voltage”:3025}’
Mar 18 20:32:09 hassbian npm[18937]: zigbee2mqtt:info 3/18/2019, 8:32:09 PM MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d00025f1dc2’, payload ‘{“temperature”:18.13,“linkquality”:65,“humidity”:43.78,“pressure”:1021,“battery”:100,“voltage”:3025}’

I added this in configuration.yaml
sensor:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Temperature”
    state_topic: “office/sensor1”
    unit_of_measurement: ‘°C’
    value_template: “{{ value_json.temperature }}”
    name: “Humidity”
    state_topic: “office/sensor1”
    unit_of_measurement: ‘%’
    value_template: “{{ value_json.humidity }}”

All without any success. And i can’t still find any documentation to how to set it up.

1 Like

Your topic needs to match what is being published, otherwise, how does HA know what topic you’re trying to listen to?

ooh, thank,

I changed it to this:

name: “Temperature”
    state_topic: “zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d00025f1dc2”
    unit_of_measurement: ‘°C’
    value_template: “{{ value_json.temperature }}”

But still can’t find the sensor in home assistant.

look in the dev-states page.

Hi,
Did you manage to find a solution to this problem?
I’m having this issue too.

Hi,

I solved it. But now for sure. But I think the problem was. That a password is mandatory. So after adding that i got it working.
Also reading back the mqtt message with mosquitto is also a big help in solving the problem.
Success.