Mqtt Control - small mqtt client service to connect my windows based pc to home assistant

OK so you come to an open source project, show off your project, but are not willing to be open yourself? Weird.

@nickrout
you are taking this wrong.
all i have said is that because i’m in the middle of adding features to it, it take me sometime to release the code.
once i’m done everything will be in my git.

Cheers,

Excellent, I take that back.

And yet you have released an executable.

I don’t see how you expect anyone to run this. Running code from an unknown source on the internet goes against every security precaution ever written.

@gpbenton as i said, the code will be available in my git as soon as i’ll finish with the buge and features.
i have nothing to hide and if you want i’ll send it over to you so you can check it up.
The code is in c#

Hi guys,
after reading your concerns about my code, i have scanned all of the app files using Virus Total.
you can check the result in the following links:

MqttControl.exe https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/02696051b1c49bd0247aeec2a1fa6c83732e8ba5a63885d53f82826f8532d323/detection
M2Mqtt.Net.dll: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/4786d25fdbd76c27ae4b44ababc74efcff9bb09d7a60c35a945cfc112574dbf5/detection
Newtonsoft.Json.dll: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/f58c374ffcaae4e36d740d90fbf7fe70d0abb7328cd9af3a0a7b70803e994ba4/detection
OpenHardwareMonitorLib.dll: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/aa8a0eaff509d03b472885310dad5696749b02edbd24e79d2e938e052d933f42/detection

and when i’ll finish the bug fixes and development stage i’ll upload the code to my git.

Thanks ms for your sharing your work on this with us, I look forward to giving it a go !

One idea, would it be possible to send keyboard commands to the windows pc? For example, would be really useful to be able to change the tab the ha front end is showing based on States of various entities etc.

Ie , media player starts playing so change to the media control tab…

1 Like

Way to go, I’ll sure to give it a try :slight_smile:

do you know something similar for Mac?

This is a great app. I was looking for something like this for a long time.
I have installed it on my home pc and it works great for now - haven’t tested gaming.
It will be useful if you can start/stop the screenshots via a mqtt message.
Edit:
I have tested gaming and it looks like everything works fine, I can’t see any drop in fps and I can see screenshots from my games on the mqtt camera.

This is awesome ! Be sure to let us know when you release the source code, I am sure we can help out with adding a lot of features to this, from the top of my head just think bi-directional toast notifications

@Tomer_Klein:
Any update on the App? Otherwise please think about releasing the source, thank you.

Otherwise it work, but has limited features.

Hello @Tomer_Klein! How are you sir?

I wonder if you have released a new version of this great project?

With hibernate and correct sensor data type graphs (CPU temp as Line Graph)?

Thanks a lot for your great work.

Graet app. Could You add battery level for mobile devices with winows?

Thank You

Tomer, can u add sleep mode? i can only WOL my pc from sleep mode

Hey this is great but does it have a suspend/sleep command?

Hello,

I wanted to say thank you for publishing this!! I’ve got this to work very well, unlike the other project mentioned by another above which uses 100% of the CPU for my host machine, this one does not.

I really would like to help you add these features, so that we don’t have the community waiting on more features in case you were to stop development or something were to happen.

For those of you whom are concerned about the sources of this binary, I suggest getting dotPeek from JetBrains and decompiling the project your self. This allows you to verify the files, and to also make customization for your specific system.

With your permission, I can publish this to my Github with the decompiled source of your binary until you are ready to upload your own project.

I sure hope Tomer let u help him or share the source, i realy could use the sleep mode function.

Hi all,
as for now i have no intention in continuing the development of MqttControl.
The Reason for doing it is that @alexslx did somthing even better then i did and now i’m working on developing Addons to his Project.

Cheers,

Oke Thx Tomer for the reply, I’ll go and check out IOT Link :+1: