MQTT Device Trigger Discovery

My configuration includes a physical button I press to trigger an automation. The button is connected to a NodeMCU which fires off MQTT messages to Home Assistant to trigger actions. For a couple of years now I’ve been using it as a binary_sensor, but I keep reading about how it should be a device trigger instead. I had some other work to do on that node anyway, so I thought this would be the perfect time to convert it. Unfortunately I’m not having much luck.

The discovery message is on topic homeassistant/device_automation/garage/enter_button/config
and is as follows:
{"automation_type":"trigger","topic":"hestia/garage/enter_button","payload":"pressed","type":"button_short_press","subtype":"button_1","device":{"identifiers":"garage","name":"Garage Node","mdodel":"NodeMCU","sw_version":"2022.02.03a","manufacturer":"Cerberus Enterprises"}}

I have confirmed that pressing the button generates a payload of pressed on topic hestia/garage/enter_button

When I look in the automations editor, under triggers -> device -> garage node I see triggers related to the other sensors on the node (door states, temperatures, etc) but nothing related to buttons.

When I check under Configuration -> Devices & Services -> Devices -> Garage Node I see nothing about buttons or triggers, but I confirm that the sw_version is correct, meaning that it did update with the new discovery information from the node. When I look at MQTT INFO it shows all the other sensors under entities however at the bottom under Triggers it shows No triggers

Any idea where I went wrong? Near as I can tell I followed the docs to the letter, and all the searches I’ve done seem to look right as well. I’m sure I’ve messed something up, but I just can’t seem to figure out what!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nevermind, apparently despite reading the whole thing a dozen times, I still didn’t see my typo!

(For anyone else who re-reads my discovery topic and it looks fine, the typo is “mdodel” instead of “model”)