MQTT Discovery - input_datetime

I am busy working on an add-on which publishes messages via MQTT to expose a device (an inverter in my garage) with many entities in Home Assistant via MQTT Discovery. The entities which are discovered include MQTT Sensors, Switches, Selects and Numbers. The latter 3 entity types allow for settings on the device to be changed via the command_topic and are “config” entities. All of this is working well.

Now I have come across certain device settings which have to do with the time of day and I would like to expose these as MQTT entities as well. These settings would ideally be surfaced as input_datetime controls in HA with has_time set to true (and has_date set to false), however there is no MQTT input_datetime integration, so I cannot simply publish a message on the correct topic to create the entity in HA via MQTT discovery.

Am I going about this the wrong way or should I submit a request to add an MQTT input_datetime integration? The workaround for now is to create a MQTT Select with a list of options for every 15 minutes in a 24 hour period (equating to 1440 options) which is not ideal. The goal is for this device and all of its config entities to be auto discovered via MQTT but not all of the UI controls in HA are available for MQTT discovery.

Any help would be appreciated.

Datetime is not MQTT ready for discovering, i’m waiting this too ):

:smiling_face_with_tear: Then i’m waiting as well

I created a feature request for this feature: MQTT Discovery: Time / Datetime

You can vote on the request to raise attention.