MQTT dot matrix display to show information from MQTT topics

You can try this way

service: mqtt.publish
data:
  topic: C6D6/zone0/text
  payload_template: 'pit {{states(''sensor.meat_probe_1'')}} °F'

thanks !
Grey

This build does not show the IP on boot?
Grey

Oh yes, looks like I forget to return this function. The next release will show IP on boot.

I received new display segments. What do you think about these white real pixel segments? They work as default red/blue/green segments, I just replace my red segments with these whites. White segments are very bright in comparison with red ones.

Depends on where you use them. Indoors white would be fine or outside after dark. I have blue and red so far.

They look interesting. I plan to build 12 modules (red) that are supported and replace the first module where the weather icon will be displayed with a blue one.

1 Like

love the idea of changing module colors !

1 Like

Hi
I plan to build a 2 x 6 module (2 rows and 6 segments).
Is it possible to let characters to span over two rows? To make text bigger?

I think the component doesn’t allow it. A maximum of 12 LED modules in a row with the possibility of dividing into three zones.
It wouldn’t look good. I have built 12 modules in a row and it looks great as an information display.

At the moment, the project does not support double-height elements. At the same time, the library itself used in the project supports this.
I do not plan to add this functionality yet, because it will take a lot of time and I don’t have it. But I will be glad if someone adds this functionality to my open-source project.

I’m thinking to add several more zones in the some nearest future, may be it will help you in some cases.

1 Like

How hard would it be to invert a zone?
As in when they are one above the other the connectors are both on the left side
Grey

Here is an information display of 12 modules.
First module replaced (blue color).
I am very satisfied with this component.

3 Likes

Look great
where did you get the housing for the modules?

This is self-made. Acrylic glass dark, black plastic plate and frame is AL profile U.
The rear parts and sides are a white 3mm plastic plate.

Does this support P10 RGB panels? If not does anyone know of an ESP project that does?

These LED modules have 1 color.
If you want rgb, try this project: https://github.com/lubeda/EsphoMaTrix
Please note that the LED panel is larger. I have one built and it works fine too

Thank you!

New release with Home Assistant MQTT discovery [v2.3]:

New features:

1. Home Assistant MQTT discovery. Enabled by default. Supported next items:
  • Power - on/off power
  • Brightness values from 1 to 15
  • Zone work mode for each zones
  • Charspacing for each zones
  • Scroll align for each zones
  • Scroll pause for each zones
  • Scroll speed for each zones
  • Scroll effect IN for each zones
  • Scroll effect Out for each zones

! When MQTT settings specified, device will be automatically send discovery message to HA.

By default light device will be added to Home Assistant with power and brightness control. All other controls listed above you find in device settings in integrations. You can use all of them in HA automations.

1. MQTT text messages support custom topics. You can specify whatever you want a topic to display in each zone.
  2. MQTT support postfix text to display. You can specify what text to add to each message from the MQTT text topic.
  3. Open Weather Map temperature rounding to integer
  4. Wifi AP in initial setup now contains short MAC address values, the same as Hostname and devicePrefix
  5. Fixed various minor bugs and improved performance.

Deprecations:

1. MQTT topic scrolleffect_without_exit deprecatedб instead of it, separately IN and OUT are used

Download on GitHub: Release Home Assistant MQTT discovery · widapro/wledPixel · GitHub

1 Like

ota works

2 Likes

Hello, How did you get the rest of the configuration show up in HA? I see only controls in MQTT devices section. Thanks in advance…