MQTT dot matrix display to show information from MQTT topics

Is there anyway to add a favicon.ico to this?

I tried
#include “FS.h”

and up-loaded the the data folder with favicon.ico in it but I cannot figure out how to read it?

I added this to the html file
<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="favicon.ico">

Thanks,
Grey

Could we get some love for a 12hr clock in wall clock mode :slight_smile:

%I Hour (12-hour clock) as a zero-padded decimal number. 01, 02, …, 12
%-I Hour (12-hour clock) as a decimal number. 1, 2, … 12

Thanks,
Grey

wledPixel version 2.6.1 was published!
Сhanges:

1. [Add] Settings for NTP server and NTP update interval
  2. [Updated] The default font for all zones has been changed from wled Font to Cyrillic (it looks elegant and takes up fewer pixels)
  3. [FIX] ds18b20 temperature faulty measurement
  4. [FIX] Home Assistant didn’t have a zones work mode option for the internal temperature sensor
2 Likes

Thanks,
temp seems rock solid now !
Grey

I’m having strange issue connecting to the device. How do I change the name of the display? I config the WiFi but the password just displays then takes hours to connect.

When it does work I set the weather to 120secs but then lose the weather information after few hours.

wledPixel v2.7 changes:

1. Support ESP32. With ESP32 core wledPixel works more stable and faster. I recommend using ESP32 if you have any issues like unexpected reboots. #27
  2. Fix intensity(brightens) MQTT topic. Now if you send 0 to intensity then display will turn off and if later you change intensity to any value more than 0 display turn on. #44
  3. NTP default server updated to us.pool.ntp.org. Previous value caused synchronization errors and sometimes reboot. #49
  4. Added a 5-second pause in a boot to keep IP address listed on display longer #51

Be careful: some settings (such as MQTT server, time zone, and zone settings) will be erased, you need to specify them again. This is caused by the renaming of some internal variables due to the limitations of the library used in ESP32.

Download from Github

2 Likes

wledPixel v2.7.1 changes:

1. Fix Home-Assistant MQTT discovery for temperature sensor

Download from Github

2 Likes

it now shows up thank you very good!

Hey Everyone, i am sure its a stupid question. But i have no clue where to start. I got the WemosD1 Mini, i got an 8x32 Led pixel board…and now i have the Source code (zip) from github…and next? I can´t find any guide for an installation an what to flash where. At the moment, i tried the Wled Online Flash tool, wich dosn´t work… i think its not for 1 colored LED boards.

I have used ardunio IDE before and also worked with ESPHome but i am a little lost here. You dont have to explan erverything. I am finde with the info, where i can finde the info … Watch this Video, look at this guide etc…
Thanks

scroll down

Sorry, I thought you meant how to wire it. You can try the esphome web flasher or you may have to install vscode add platformio and clone the repo.

download the bib file here

@Nefftes
yea, this works
Web - ESPHome

download the bin file here

Thanks @PapaLanc works perfect.

Thank you for this project, it is a great addition to my HA setup.

I am starting to deploy these message boards around my garden to enable messages like ‘Dinner’ to be displayed while I toil the soil.

Is it possible to add a passive buzzer, ideally the RTTTL code from ESPHOME to alert when a new message is displayed?

The other thing I have noticed is the Scroll Pause seems to be limited to 44 seconds. I was looking to change this to 300-600 seconds.

I am using an 8266 for my message boards.

~Brian