MQTT Entity in home assistant is hidden by integration

I’m trying to add new MQTT switch to home assistance. I’m publishing these topics and payload

client.publish("home/bedroom/switch1/available", "online")
client.publish("home/bedroom/switch1/state", "on")

But looks like the entity is hidden and therefore I can’t add it to the dashboard:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tonight I ran into the same issue, but with a zwave switch. It’s the only entity on the device, and I have a dozen other similar switches that don’t have this same issue. No idea why/what/how or a solution.

Settings → Entities → Show Hidden Entities (… menu)
afbeelding

Find your entitiy and enable it.

How? I cannot enable it because it says it is disabled by the integration. I cannot see any way to make it not hidden as the slider is greyed out

here’s the entity

This is the configuration screen I get

the visible toggle is greyed out because the integration is somehow doing this. How do I get the integration itself to but out :wink:

hi @tre4bax
Did you ever solve this “Hidden by Integration” issue?
I now have it on a couple of my recently added zwave devices.
It seemed to happen when I changed the ‘Show as’ option on the entity details card.

I’m settings the same thing when renaming a device and removing an old helpers, it gets locked into this state of “Hidden by Intergration”. What I did (other than rebinding the device) was to add a new helper that worked and removing it from within the helper section.

Did anyone find a solution to this? I have this issue with a Sonos Port