MQTT Fan control UI

Hello,

I am deliberately starting a few topic on this one.

Please refer to the example configuration section given on the page https://home-assistant.io/components/fan.mqtt/

There are three distinct topics given for the managing speed. However, I have failed to see any corresponding UI for the same.

I see an independent attempt of Fan Control UI. However neither has this been integrated (to the best of my knowledge, which would be nice) and nor the member shared code and instructions to integrate it (that would be a quick and dirty solution).

Any idea, how should we go about it?

Here is the UI:

The link you provided is my preferred UI. Was going to try to build something using the new Custom State Card option but I’ll wait and see if the code will be provided.

Sorry, But how do i get it?

I see it as following:

What version of HA are you on? Also, what does your config look like?

Mine is here

fan:
    - platform: mqtt
      name: "Master Bedroom Fan"
      state_topic: "smartthings/Master Bedroom Fan/switch"
      command_topic: "smartthings/Master Bedroom Fan/switch"
      oscillation_state_topic: "smartthings/Master Bedroom Fan/switch"
      oscillation_command_topic: "smartthings/Master Bedroom Fan/switch"
      speed_state_topic: "smartthings/Master Bedroom Fan/level"
      speed_command_topic: "smartthings/Master Bedroom Fan/level"
      payload_on: "on"
      payload_off: "off"
      payload_oscillation_on: "on"
      payload_oscillation_off: "off"
      payload_low_speed: "33"
      payload_medium_speed: "66"
      payload_high_speed: "99"
      speeds:
        - low
        - medium
        - high
      retain: true

I am in the office at the moment and don’t remember HA version. However, it is almost certainly the one before Christmas.

Are you suggesting that you haven’t done any code change yourself to get the effect you have shown in the image you posted?

If yes, I will upgrade to latest version right away!

WRT config, if i remember right, one thing I don’t have configured is oscillation, which my (ceiling) fan doesn’t support / need. I don’t believe speed has any dependency on it anyway!

Hi,

I am also interesting to interfere with Fan in my attic where it must be started when even the temperature is to high or the humidity up a specific given level.

Does someone have any script that could be do that ? It means keep the fan OFF but ON following a return from a DHT22 ?

Sincerely thanks.

Upgrading to the latest version shown me the UI which you had posted. Thank you!

Hello,

I suggest you start a new topic with your question. It is almost always recommended because it is easy to track and respond.

To begin with have you already managed to turn the fan on and off using HA? And have already succeeded reading and showing temperature from DHT22 on HA dashboard? If no, i suggest you first complete these two distinct steps and the attempt to combine them.

If yes, you are better of looking into Automation templates and I am certain you will find one there.

May be you will find following useful:

what hardware are you using to get this to work?