MQTT-> HASS: Statestream in reverse?

If I understand the Statestream feature correctly, it allows me to publish the states of all (or a subset) of my Home Assistant devices to MQTT, so I could view the states in an MQTT Dashboard app without having to code a bunch of automation for each light etc.

What I am looking for is a bidirectional way to do that, e.g. not only have to publish each devices state to a state topic, but also subscribe to a command topic for each device, allowing me to operate these devices (e.g. turn lights or scenes) on or off using MQTT.

Is there a way to do that without coding Automation for each light/scene etc.?
Is there a way to do that with Eventstream?
(I have not found any information on what it actually does under the covers)

Background:

I use Home Assistant in conjunction with a Wink2 hub, and have almost all light switches etc. included.
In addition - since I live on a farm - I have created a series of devices such as my front gate that communicate via LoRa radio (they are out of WiFi/Zigbee/Zwave range) to an MQTT gateway, and are thus managed/monitored by HomeAssistant using a series of MQTT Topics.

To e.g. open the gate remotely (again, out of WiFi range) I have these MQTT topics bridged to a public MQTT instance in the cloud, and I use a configurable remote control app (thehomeremote.com) to control it.
With the MQTT Bridge, my local MQTT broker connects to the cloud instance, and hence I do not have to open any ports in my firewall.

This setup works really well, the remote app is customizable, so I have given a dummed down version to the dogsitter so all he can do is open/close the gate while my own version has more features.

However I would like to be able to control other devices - mainly lights and scenes managed by the Wink2 hub - via the remote (and MQTT) as well without creating automation for each.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I’m so sorry nobody answer this question, i’m searching exactly for the same thing