Mqtt - How to use device type specific configuration

hello all
I have recently bought a zigbee Thermovale, which is also listed as a supported device in here (Immax 07703L control via MQTT | zigbee2mqtt.io).
Thing is, that if I standardly add device to Hassio using zigbee integration, i dont see any new entities nor device in hassio device list. I only see its being added in the integration itself, but also without any enitity.
I have already found this thread, which might help me, but its unfortunatelly too technical for me :confused: However. in the thread is already a post from 20 Nov 2020 that the device is officially supported and for user everything works as a charm.

I see only one thing that I might be missing and that the first note in the specs Immax 07703L control via MQTT | zigbee2mqtt.io :

Device type specific configuration [#]

How to use device type specific configuration

• legacy: Set to false to disable the legacy integration (highly recommended!) (default: true)

I dont know how to add it configuration.yaml , is bit confusing for me even when i read the documentation, sorry for that

can anybody please help me?
Thank you

What version of Zigbee2MQTT are you running ?
Do you see the device in the Zigbee2MQTT frontend ?

Hello

This might sound stupid , but I dont know how to figure out what version I am running, sorry. Can you tell me how to find out?
And if by frontend you mean the “Zigbee Home Automation” integration, yes in there i see the device but no entities inside

Do you know yourself what zigbee integration you are running ?

I think you run ZHA, but are referencing several Zigbee2MQTT links.

if you look here:

it is not supported by ZHA.

Yeah need to say that my experiences in this topic are rather low.

Till now i thought that Zigbee2MQTT and ZHA are the same thing. Well i though that Zigbee2MQTT is a “standard” and ZHA is “just” a frontend integration for it. Thats why until now, before i have bought any device, i have checked the supported devices in here https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io, but obviously i should have check it in the page you just shared .
So how it actually works? If i now get it right all of the gateways listed in Database of Zigbee devices compatible with ZHA, Tasmota, Zigbee2MQTT, deCONZ, ZiGate and ioBroker are actually something like frameworks which can be put on a USB dongle as I have know done with ZHA?
Thanks for putting some more light to it.

Do you think that there is any way how to run also the Zigbee2MQTT integration? Would i need another zigbee usb dongle for that ?
If yes, i might rather return those devices and buy some that are listed as supported for ZHA in the page you shared.

if you have one of these sticks, you can switch to Zigbee2mqtt (need to re-pair your devices) :

Hm i have Texas Instruments CC2531, which is already (not recommended) in that list so…I will rather return the devices and buy different ones.
Thanks for your support