Mqtt light going offline without reason

It was merged awhile ago, you can check the current releases history to see if it’s in there, which it is.

Yeah… indeed has been merged into dev branch to land later in v.3.0b0
Not sure what did you mean by ’ current releases history ’ but I found the merge commit by comparing releases by tags . A lot of clicks needed to load all those commits. Maybe there is a better way. For sure I would find it quicker using GIT directly.
However found no word in release changelogs etc.
Obviously there is too many items to expect all of them in changelog. Looks like this bug was not important enough to inform about fix either (or maybe was too critical to boast?)

Anyway thank you for your support.

with over 1k PRs merged a release, some might fall through the documentation cracks. :man_shrugging:

Still not updated to 2022.3. Waiting for patches. Looking forward to confirm it definitively fixes expire issue.
But I wonder if the fix is somehow related to second issue discussed in this thread. It is about AC powered devices which occasionally turn into unavailable. Recently I found it’s not affecting only one type of device (Shelly2.5) but also Shelly Dimmer.
Today I had opportunity to make some additional test.

The behavior is always the same: at some point entity turns unavailable and never recover while at the same time:

• the device is working
  • the device is accessible in the network
  • the device constantly reports to MQTT
  • its online topic is set to true

Additionaly debug logs shows receiving all mqtt data changes. One of my posts above suggests that device reported online=false and this state was never changed later to true. But today I know that the topic in MQTT is set to true. So maybe HA somehow skips the first change?

As mentioned I had opportunity to make some tests on device which is reported as unavailable. I found I can recover entity either telling a device to announce itself or by manually set online topic to true (regardless the topic is already set to true before). This last thing somehow surprise me. I don’t know what to think about it. Cannot imagine the reason.
Note, that once entity is recovered, it properly react on changing online topic to false and true again.

So question is why sometimes it ignores the the online topic state.

I would like to collect some more information in order to properly report it.
BTW I wonder why I’m the only one who reports those particular two issues. Those are not device specific. Considering how many people uses mqtt it must affect many of them. Maybe they blame devices or wifi or so instead pointing at HA.

- platform: mqtt
  schema: template
  name: "Bedroom R"
  state_topic: "shellies/light-sleep_r/light/0/status"
  availability_topic: "shellies/light-sleep_r/online"
  command_topic: "shellies/light-sleep_r/light/0/set"
  state_template: "{% if value_json.ison %} on {% else %} off {% endif %}"
  command_on_template: '{"turn": "on"{% if brightness is defined %}, "brightness": {{(brightness | float * 0.3882 + 1) | round(0)}}{% endif %}}'
  command_off_template: '{"turn": "off"}'
  brightness_template: "{{ (value_json.brightness | float * 2.55) | round(0) }}"
  payload_available: "true"
  payload_not_available: "false"
  qos: 1
  retain: false
  optimistic: false

It seems expiration is still somehow broken Expiration of mqtt entity