MQTT Media Player

There are already a lot of MQTT Integrations to enable interoperability between different systems, programming languages etc.

Sadly though, there isn’t one for the media_player class which is why I’m opening this feature request.

The reasoning for why this should exist is the same as for every other mqtt component.

+1 on this. I use Sonos Connect connected to a Lectrosonics DM1624 which I created a sort of integration for.
This unit can matrix mix any input to any output, and this works perfectly for my use, but I am missing a flexible “media_player” in HA which can only control input (integer or string) and volume.

I have build one for my musiccast2mqtt bridge. Its working with inputs / volume / soundprograms etc.

Have a look at Multiroom Mqtt Mediaplayer

3 Likes

@jme24 I would like to ask one question. I am new one here.

I would like to set up my yamaha musiccast speakers to play sound when door sensor get triggered. Do you think it will be possible with your mqtt media player?

Many thanks for your reply.

Hi,

It is not implemented yet, but there might be a way to implement it. You have to think about the latency. The MusicCast speaker needs some time to power up if it’s in stand by.

I will have a look how this can be solved

Hi, yes I understand tha latency.

Most of the time, music is playing in our company and I would like to receive gong or something like that if somebody opens the door. And than the music could come back. I think it is working with sonos, but I am not sure about musiccast. But It would be great if you could help me with this.

This is working with sonos: https://labzilla.io/blog/homeassistant-door-chime

Many thanks

F.

Hi @jme24

Did you have a time to think about it? Door sensor trigger is working, but I am not able to play sound on musiccast speakers. I have RaspberryPi with hassio installed.

Many thanks

F

I’m really looking forward for this… please add Media Player as a device in MQTT integration :pray:

1 Like

Stopped working in 2022.6.1 :frowning: . is it possible to fix it?

Hi,
you can try the fix in V1.0.2.

1 Like

Hi Filip,

i am sorry, but i currently have not time for implementing this.

I’m a +1 for this as well. Now that ESPHome 2022.06 has i2s support, MQTT for Media Players would be nice.