MQTT number optional mode for slider/box

Using the MQTT number integration for some configurable parameters in my heating system (set points etc for Nibe heat pump via NibePi). It’s fantastic to no longer need helper automations in the background for set/get of values, but unlike input_number it’s not possible to set mode of slider/box. The slider takes up a lot of space and it’s hard to make a precise input when the steps are small

Can we have a mode: box option for number?

I was disappointed that NibePi did not allow the RW registers to be changed from within HA. I assumed it would right out the box like zigbee2mqtt.

From your request (which I upvoted) I understand that you made it possible to update your Nibe using MQTT number. I will look into that . Thanks!!

Would you mind sharing your code for this? I have been searching for this a long time. I was about to switch to nibeGW. I guess this info will benefit more people.

thx

Sorry for the late response. In case you have not found out how to do this, here´s an example and a screenshot:

number:
  - platform: mqtt
    unique_id: Nibe_47045_HW_start_eco
    name: VV start eco
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
    min: 10
    max: 55
    step: 1
    state_topic: "nibe/modbus/47045"
    command_topic: "nibe/modbus/47045/set"
  - platform: mqtt
    unique_id: Nibe_47049_HW_stop_eco
    name: VV stopp eco
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
    min: 10
    max: 55
    step: 1
    state_topic: "nibe/modbus/47049"
    command_topic: "nibe/modbus/47049/set"

I like te look of you screen. Is it possible to share the complete code for this? I’am very curios how you configured the dropdown menu with the heatpump mode (Auto). Thanks in advance!