MQTT Publisher on Dashboard

Hello everyone, I’d like to start by saying i am a super newbie when it comes to home assistant so I may be overlooking something obvious.
Here is my doubt:
I have developed a very simple mqtt infrastructure with an arduino board as firmware which acts as the mqtt subscriber and thus receives inputs from outside the IDE environment. I have everything working up to the point where i’m able to send messages via HAOS as the publisher and have the output i want from the hardware linked to the arduino. What i’m having trouble with is the finishing toch, meaning some form of control/switch on the HA dashboard which i can interact with to send the message via mqtt. It would be a simple on/off command, so a simple button that relays alternating messages would work perfectly, i’m just not sure how to go about developing it, or if it even is possible at all.
I’d be super grateful if someone more experienced than me could point me in the right direction.
Thank you!

Edit: After a bit of tinkering i found a way to solve my problem!
Which of course has sprouted a new one…
I have created the following entity:

mqtt:
 switch:
  - name: Actuator
    command_topic: "lea"
    payload_on: "on"
    payload_off: "off"

However, i can’t seem to have it show up on the dashboard. I’ve tried editing the config/yaml file and the dashboard configuration editor. Both let me save the code with no issues, but the entity doesn’t seem to show up anywhere! Not on the dashboard nor in the device and services page. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks! :slight_smile:

if you never have used a manually configured mqtt entity before, you need to restart HA.

Worked!
TYSM!