MQTT Select is in error after Home Assistant 2022.3 upgrade

I have successfully used below MQTT select code in Home Assistant configuration.yaml for controlling the horizontal vane of my Mitsubishi MSZ-MH25VE heatpump with a select object in the lovelace GUI:

select:
  - platform: mqtt
    unique_id: hpwvc
    command_topic: mitsubishi2mqtt/heatpump/wideVane/set
    state_topic: mitsubishi2mqtt/heatpump/state
    name: "Heatpump Horizontal Vane Control"
    options:
      - "<<"
      - "<"
      - "|"
      - ">"
      - ">>"
      - "SWING"
    value_template: '{{ value_json.wideVane }}'

However, after Home Assistant 2022.3 version upgrade and onward, I get the following log warning messages:

• The ‘send_if_off’ option is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration
  • The ‘hold_modes’ option is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration

What would the correct way be in Home Assistant 2022.3 and onward to achieve the same as above?

I can see in the Home Assistant 2022.3 release notes, there are breaking changes for MQTT, but I do not understand where the MQTT code should reside now, nor if the above code is still valid.
Any help guiding me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

All other control of the heatpump is done by the climate object, but it does not seem to have support for a horizontal vane.

For info: Below sensor code in configuration.yaml is reading the compressor frequency from the same heatpump, and this is still working without errors or warnings:

sensor:
  - platform: mqtt
    unique_id: hpcmp
    state_topic: mitsubishi2mqtt/heatpump/state
    unit_of_measurement: "Hz"
    name: "Heatpump Compressor Frequency"
    value_template: '{{ value_json.compressorFrequency }}'
1 Like

Should be fixed with 2022.3.3

1 Like

Thank You for helping me out and showing the solution on this issue.
I updated from core 2022.2.9 (last known working version) to 2022.3.3 earlier today and these warnings do not come anymore over 12 hours+ running and a few restarts, so problem solved.

1 Like