Mr. Silence Full Inverter Pool Heater?

Hey Guys,

Just a further update here.

Many of you may not realise this but most of these heatpumps have an inbuilt defrost system - it is pretty stupid though as the defaults do not really suit temperate climates (like Sydney in Australia)

I have found the attached manual which is for the advanced options in the LCD menu and enables you to change this default behaviour.

Now before you say that yours does not do this - it is very hard to pick up - i only found it by the fact that monitoring the power draw of our system i saw regular dips in the output temperature of the water and also the power draw of the unit for no apparent reason.

After much screaming at the vendor of my system (to no joy) i eventually tracked down the issue and have managed to change these settings

I am still playing with the settings on my unit and will report back as to the outcome as i play with them

Craig

2 Likes

you need to remove the heat pump from InverGo app and add it either in Tuya Smart or Smart Life app using the same method you did for InverGo, they you follow the guide to get the local key

Hi guys, I managed to integrate successfully my heat pump using Tuya Local. When the device is turned off I can see the current and target temperature without any problem. When I press the “fire” icon the heat pump turns on perfectly.
However, when the heat pump is on, either via Home Assistance or Smart Life app, the device becomes unavailable. It only comes back a while after I turn it off. Have you faced this issue?

Thanks in advance.

I haven’t had this happen. What app are you using for the heat pump? does it also drop from that at the same time? I am using the Invergo app. Also, I have assigned a static IP to my heatpump if that helps…

Has anyone gotten their heat pump working in the new Tuya integration in 2021.10? It does not (yet) appear to be supported.

Hey Craig, did you manage to understand what each change does???

Thanks

FYI - I managed to get a brand new “Madimack V3 Elite Series 13.8kw 2022 Model” working using Tuya Local - unfortunately only as a “simple switch” for now.

I hope I’ll get the sensors working too (I did see the sensors in LocalTuya, but can’t replicate now; will try to play with it more in the next couple of days – maybe once I learn the mapping, it might be possible to somehow add it to Tuya Local)

Update: I got it working as a climate via Tuya Local; working on adding the support into the repo: Add support for Madimack Elive V3 heat pump (work in progress) by petrkotek · Pull Request #77 · make-all/tuya-local · GitHub

(Notes: used Smart Life to add the heat pump; used old Smart Life 3.7.1 and a rooted phone to find localKey (adb shell - cat /data/data/com.tuya.smartlife/shared_prefs/* – search for localKey); used LocalTuya integration to find deviceID)

1 Like

Cheers mate. I’m coming to this thread to find this exact information as I’m facing the same problem with my Madimack V3 now. Glad that it’s been raised.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for sharing the manual. Which settings do you finally use? My heatpump is only running, when it’s 15-28 °C. Do you have any recommendations for me?

Thanks!!

Axel

Yep for our winter period so say 8c or so overnight in Sydney i ended up with the following settings

P2 = compressor run time before defrost = 90m
P3 = 5
P4 = 5
P5 = 12

When runnign on “Turbo” mode in the night this game me some reasonable amount of ice on the coils at the end of the running cycle which was then cleared off completely in the 5m defrost.

Craig

1 Like

Thank you. I will give it a try.

I am trying to add my Fairland Inver-X heat pump using the Tuya Local method described by @Mikkaat .
When I add the integration, it connects to the device (correct ip, device ID and local key) but it does not give me an Auto option. I can only select simple_switch (see screenshot).

I assume this heat pump is not supported by this Tuya Local repo? Is it possible to add support or is there any other path I can try?
Thx!

I had this issue at the start… make sure you follow the process mapped out in this post Mr. Silence Full Inverter Pool Heater? - #7 by Mikkaat

ALSO, the LocalTuya integration add the Tuya Local integration are two different integrations… make sure you are trying this with the right one. It is the Tuya Local integration which should be used for this.

Hope this helps

I just added a BWT HI-HC 85 pool heater using the Tuya Local integration. Seems to be working perfect :slight_smile:

Please and Mr.Silence work also with this integration?

Hi all,

I am not understand how I can migrate from the App to Local Tuya, I am using the InverGo app, but how do I add that to HA?
Can someone explain that step please, do I need to work with Tuya Smart app, if so, how can I add my heat pump in there?

Hi,
I tried to use pin P1,P2 for running water pump, but in the situation, when set temperature=actual temperature Mr. Silence is in “standby mode”, but switch P1,P2 is still ON and pump is still running :frowning: .
So, if you have integrated Mr. Silence in HA, do you have some automation to run Mr. Silence & water pump? Stop pump when temperature is ok and run again when HVAC want to heat again…

As per the manual of the heat pump, the pump will continue to run for approx 2 min after reaching set temperature. I have found they like to go above set temp before they consider the temp “reached”. Usually by 0.5 deg- so a setting of 25 degree C will usually keep the pump running until it reads 25.5 or so then stops the heat pump. I guess this is to make sure the desired temp is actually achieved due to losses etc.

Then once that’s done, pump continues running while heat pump shuts down, and once complete the pump will shut off. I have found in reality this shutdown process takes approx 5 minutes or less. After this, the pump runs periodically for 2 minutes to check the pool temp. Hope this helps.

Hi all, first I’d like to thank all of you for the awesome integration!!!

I’d like to compare inlet and outlet temperatures and switch between silent and boost mode.

Can someone point out where to look / how to add values? I am quite new with HA (coming from Symcon).

Any chance somebody can point out the direction to look at on this?