"ms.channel.unauthorized" when connecting to Samsung TV UE55NU6035

Is it impossible to communicate with this Tizen-enabled TV?

I get this when pressing the on/off button in the UI:

2019-03-07 16:38:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.4552020656] {'event': 'ms.channel.unauthorized'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 148, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1133, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1155, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 188, in handle_service
    self._platforms.values(), func, call, service_name
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 278, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 292, in _handle_service_platform_call
    await getattr(entity, func)(**data)
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/python/3.7.2_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/samsungtv.py", line 214, in turn_off
    self.get_remote().close()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/samsungtv.py", line 138, in get_remote
    self._remote = self._remote_class(self._config)
  File "/Users/henrik/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/samsungctl/remote.py", line 11, in __init__
    self.remote = RemoteWebsocket(config)
  File "/Users/henrik/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/samsungctl/remote_websocket.py", line 30, in __init__
    self._read_response()
  File "/Users/henrik/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/samsungctl/remote_websocket.py", line 72, in _read_response
    raise exceptions.UnhandledResponse(response)
samsungctl.exceptions.UnhandledResponse: {'event': 'ms.channel.unauthorized'}
2019-03-07 16:39:00 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [homeassistant.components.media_player.samsungtv] TV is powering off, not sending command: KEY

Failed to call service media_player/turn_off. {'event': 'ms.channel.unauthorized'}

I got this as well when pressing the on/off.

Samsung Tv Nu8000 (2018)

media_player:
  - platform: samsungtv
    host: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    port: 8001
    name: Samsung TV
    timeout: 30
    mac: 64:1c:ae:11:14:d5

Same problem here. I have a NU8000 and this is my configuration.yaml :

media_player:
  - platform: samsungtv
    host: 192.168.0.4
    name: Samsung TV
    mac: 64:1b:ae:2w3:2b:3q
    port: 8001

I can switch on the TV (I supposed because of “wake on lan” and mac address), but can’t switch it off. I get the message:
Failed to call service media_player/turn_off. {'event': 'ms.channel.unauthorized'}

Have you figured out?

Same problem here. I guess we need to allow the Raspberry Pi on the TV to permit it to send commands. I got a message on the TV asking if I want to allow my mobile phone, but not the HA so not sure how to do it.

The HA does not appear on the TV list for Denied devices nor allowed.

Any update on this? I have the same issue on my NU8042. The prompt on TV didn’t appear and I can only power the TV on, then nothing… :confused:

Resolve anybody this problem?

same problem here

Same here as well.

Same here!

I recommend to get into this topic: Samsung Smart TV - No control? and try to set it up with this custom component called samusngtv_custom

Having the same issue, with 2019 RU8000

with specifying just mac and ip i am able to turn on only but does not show that it is on

setting port 8001, and mac, and ip allow me to see that the tv is on but not issue commands without this error.

Same problem here, just installed the add-on, and unable to use any of the available buttons.
NU8000

Hi All,

I had this problem as well on my 2019 Samsung Frame.

The TV was denying access to HA.

On the TV navigate to General -> External Device Manager -> Device Connection Manager -> Device List.

In my case was on the list but denied, I edited to allowed and then the next time HA tried to access I got the popup on the TV to allow access.

All good now.

The same thing happens to me, but once I access the configuration and set it as allowed, I always get the popup asking for authorization indefinitely, it’s like it doesn’t save the permission. what can i do

Thank you very much for the help!