🔁 Multi Click Button - Make any button multi-clickable

Get it now:
Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Introduction:

Allows multi-click actions to take place on a button.
Upon reaching the number of required clicks, it executes user defined actions.

• Double click a button to turn on a light?
  • Quintuple click a button to turn off the alarm?
  • Centuple (Yes, 100 times!) flick a switch to reveal a hidden closet?

This and much more is possible with this Blueprint.

How it works:

1. Select your button.
    (There are 3 entity types supported: button, input_button and switch)
  2. Set home many ‘clicks’ your button needs to make before the actions are executed.
    (Every state change is counted as a click. Therefore, in switch entity types, both turning it on or off is counted as a ‘click’.)
  3. Set how much time there can be between clicks.
  4. Set actions to execute
  5. (OPTIONAL) Add conditions that need to be met before executing the actions.

Most recent version:

1.1:

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.
:link: Source code (Github)
:gear: See code changes (Github)

:memo:Changelog:

09/01/2024 - Version 1.1

• Removed an unneeded logger action that was used in development
See older changes

09/01/2024 - Version 1.0

• Original release
4 Likes

NEW RELEASE:

09/01/2024 - Version 1.1

• Removed an unneeded logger action that was used in development

Hi, I’m new to this forum and also to using blueprints. I really like the idea of running multiple actions with just one button, thanks for the work you are sharing here!

The problem I have is that if I have, for example, one automation for 2 clicks and another for 3 clicks, if I want the one for 3 clicks to run, it always runs the first automation with 2 clicks first. Is that correct? And is there a way to ensure that only the correct automation is executed?
Thanks! Mario

1 Like

Hi,

That’s correct. The blueprint doesn’t know how many automations it’s used in.
This means that if you use the same button for a double click and a triple click and you click the button 3 times, then both triggers will be fulfilled and both automations will run.

Ok, I got it. Maybe I would have to select the 3x automatic with a larger timeout so that the 2x expires. If I want the 3x action, I would have to press slowly.

The 2 click automation (2CA) would need to expire twice actually.

Let’s say you set the double click timer to 1 second between clicks and the triple click to 2 seconds between clicks:
You click once and wait for more than 1 second to let 2CA expire, then you click a second time, after which you will need to let the 2CA expire again before clicking the 3rd time.

So it’s possible, but a little convoluted.

Perfect, trank you for the feedback and support.

1 Like