Multi-server support in iOS 2021.12

Not sure if this can be considered as a breaking change in ‘Shortcuts’, but it sure looks like.

I had the same “issue” as you and I had to edit all my Shortcut HA actions to indicate in which system it should run (to avoid the popup to appear).

After that, shortcuts resumed working as before.

Not sure if this can be considered as a breaking change in ‘Shortcuts’, but it sure looks like.

I had the same “issue” as you and I had to edit all my Shortcuts’ HA actions to indicate in which system it should run (to avoid the popup to appear).

After that, shortcuts resumed working as before.

Odd, I didn’t have to update anything. However I only have 1 server. Do you have multiple servers? If yes, then I would expect that you’d have to do that regardless.

How did you select which server to use in shortcuts?

You will need to update existing shortcuts when adding additional servers. If you do not add additional, the existing ones will not prompt for server choice.

You can edit the server for a Shortcut by exposing the additional options in the Shortcut.:

1 Like
1 Like

Notifications is a little more tricky as it’s a received action. I’m not sure. I can’t stop the server from sending the notifications, and Apple has repeatedly denied us permission to prevent certain notifications from showing upon delivery. I can likely remove the notify service though.

Can you speak more about what situation you want this to happen in?

Thanks a lot.
The first time it didn’t show up. But it’s now showing and working :+1:t2:

After update to the latest IoS Version the UI regulary does not load and delivers a empty screen. Just a Restart of the app helps. Anyone have the same expierence?

1 Like

We’re aware and a fix is being tested. Should be in next hot fix of Home Assistant (Core, not iOS).

2 Likes

Just to add, this is totally awesome and has totally transformed life.

Thanks so much for making this possible! I will put it to good use :blush:

I also need to use 2 HA instances, I hope the multiserver feature will be considered soon also for android app.

2 Likes

As I understood from the latest livestream, multiserver support is considered for Android also, but currently Wear OS support is priority.

For some reason I can’t get the three finger swipe for multi server to work on MacOs Monteray. This on a 14" M1 Macbook Pro. Any ideas? I can switch servers via the app preferences window but not with three finger swipe.

1 Like

Does multi-sever functionality support more than 2 servers? When I try to add a third remote server (Nabu Casa), it just logs me into server but doesn’t add the server so I can swipe to it.

I would like to add a button entity or Lovelace button card in my dashboard to link to the secondary server to allow me to switch for one server to the other without swiping with three fingers. I can easily add a navigation link in the button card but it will open the second server in the browser instead of the companion app. Is there a way to stay in the app?

Not sure when they came out with it but it is indeed possible to add multiple instances on the Android phone. Log into HA, go to Companion App. At the top you have Servers & Devices - Click add server.

I haven’t test it on two servers that both use Nabu Casa (just 1 Nabu Casa and a local instance), but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.