Multiple August smart lock & Doorbell errors: eg. Updating august binary_sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05

Current Setup: Hassio 0.80 on Rpi 2b (getting these errors since 1st install ie v0.7*)

The door lock/unlock with a lag of about 20-30 seconds however doorbell_ding takes >1 minute to reflect on HA and run automation.
Also change of status of lock also takes quite some time (30-45seconds)

I am getting these errors:

Update for binary_sensor.side_door_ding fails

2:14 AM components/august.py (ERROR)

Updating august binary_sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05

2:14 AM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)

Updating august binary_sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05

2:13 AM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)

Update for lock.side_door fails

2:13 AM components/august.py (ERROR)

Updating august lock took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05

2:13 AM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)

Would really appreciate if someone could guide me through this. Thanks.

No solution here but same problem.
It’s been since setup for me as well on 0.7 but I haven’t had time to explore it further.
With the latest update I’m also getting some connection errors (but I made some other config changes so I still need to verify that august is the issue).
Does the API that accesses August have a limit to requests that is being exceeded?
Will update here with whatever I can find out…

1 Like

Did you find any solution?

I’ve got the exact same issue, makes the smart lock useless from an automation point of view. I just use it to check the status of the lock. I have a aquara door sensor i use for my automations with the door being opened or closed.

I have android lying around I am trying to use Automate by llamalabs to read notifications from Auguat and update sensor on HA to speed up things a little.
Have done Doorbell ringing so far and it’s pretty quick now.

Someone presses doorbell → ~5 seconds → notification on Android → Sends http rest API to HA ~ 5 seconds → Doorbell sound on Google Home