Multiple Dashboards with dash_navigate

I’m wanting to have multiple (mostly independent) dashboards in my house. For example, one in the living room, one in the kitchen, and one in each bedroom. I’d like to make use of the dash_navigate function to automatically pull up a specific dashboard in automations, but only on a certain tablet. Example, when motion detected on the front porch, pull up the camera dashboard on the living room tablet only. Is that possible natively, and if not, any chance it could be added?

1 Like

that isnt possible at the moment.
to get something like that working there needs to be a basic change in hadashboard.
at this moment the dashboard isnt able to send back any info from the device to the server.
thats why dashnavigate cant send anything to a specific dashboard.

its on my wishlist too! :wink:

Out of curiosity, any change on this in the last two years? It would still be great to be able to dash_navigate on a specific device.

it hasnt changed yet, but the change is planned now.
AD 4 (which is now in beta) has little changes for dashboard.
some new widgets, but thats about it.
when AD 4 is released we start working on completely changing dashboard.
this is 1 of the things that is high on the list of changes.

Awesome, great.

I was thinking a quick and easy way to do this would be to implement an argument called “from_dashboard” to the dash_navigate function which takes the name of a dashboard, or a list of names. Then, only those named dashboards, if active on any device, navigate to a new one. That way dashboards don’t have to communicate anything back. Obviously, if you have the same dashboard active on multiple devices they will all navigate, but it gives you some control over it.

you still would need to know to which device to send the command to.
or the dashboard would need to listen to specific commands.

the outcome will probably be something as you propose, the implementation is just not as simple as you suggest :wink: