Multiple devices not being added to HA

Hi guys,

Getting really fed up with Home Assistant and how hard it is to do something as simple as getting devices on the network to connect properly .

I have an extremely simple configuration file with some basic devices added :

tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
light: !include lights.yaml

remote:
  - platform: harmony
    host: 192.168.0.143
    name: Harmony

xiaomi_aqara:
  discovery_retry: 5
  gateways:
    key: 5............2
    host: 192.168.0.164

vacuum:
  - platform: xiaomi_miio
    host: 192.168.0.196
    token: 78...........64

media_player:
  - platform: androidtv
    host: 192.168.0.134
    name: MIBOX3 ANDROID TV

cast:
  media_player:
    - host: 192.168.0.116

The configuration loads without problems but there’s multiple devices that are not being added properly to HA :slight_smile:

Of 3 Yeelight Bulbs only 1 gets added

In my Lights.yaml file :

- platform: yeelight
  devices:
    192.168.0.173:
      name: Bedroom
    192.168.0.195:
      name: Living Room
    192.168.0.157:
      name: Hall

Tried turning on and off multiple times the devices not being recognized !

As this wasn;t enough, the following devices also are unable to connect :

• Xiaomi Mi Box
  • Harmony Hub
  • Chromecast Audio Speaker
  • Google Mini Speaker

Here’s a Log File of the connection failures which only show Harmony and Xiaomi (google mini and chromecast audio speaker don’t show up on the logs but are not added in my devices / entities :

Platform androidtv not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds.
3:49 PM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)
Could not connect to MIBOX3 ANDROID TV at 192.168.0.134:5555 using Python ADB implementation without adbkey authentication
3:49 PM components/androidtv/media_player.py (WARNING) - message first occured at 3:41 PM and shows up 6 times
Couldn't connect to host 192.168.0.134:5555, error: Connection refused
3:49 PM components/androidtv/media_player.py (WARNING) - message first occured at 3:41 PM and shows up 6 times
192.168.0.143: Connection timed out for hub 11833660
3:48 PM __main__.py (ERROR) - message first occured at 3:47 PM and shows up 2 times
[192.168.0.116:8009] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection
3:48 PM /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py (WARNING) - message first occured at 3:47 PM and shows up 2 times
Platform androidtv not ready yet. Retrying in 150 seconds.
3:46 PM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)
Error doing job: Unclosed client session
3:45 PM core.py (ERROR) - message first occured at 3:43 PM and shows up 3 times
Platform harmony not ready yet. Retrying in 120 seconds.
3:44 PM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)
Harmony: Unable to connect to HUB.
3:44 PM components/harmony/remote.py (WARNING) - message first occured at 3:41 PM and shows up 4 times
192.168.0.143: Unable to retrieve HUB id
3:44 PM __main__.py (ERROR) - message first occured at 3:41 PM and shows up 4 times
192.168.0.143: Exception on post: Cannot connect to host 192.168.0.143:8088 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('192.168.0.143', 8088)]
3:44 PM __main__.py (ERROR) - message first occured at 3:41 PM and shows up 4 times
Platform androidtv not ready yet. Retrying in 120 seconds.
3:44 PM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)
Platform harmony not ready yet. Retrying in 90 seconds.
3:43 PM helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING)
Platform androidtv not ready yet. Retrying in 90 seconds.

Really going crazy with this as there is no logical explanation that I can find for some of these devices having previously worked but now it seems they will not connect anytime .

All of these are part of the same subnet of a single router .

Any help highly appreciated !

Thanks

FYI, I removed the token details.

Thanks lol , totally forgot that :smiley:

Strange, I would expect none of them to be added. You’ve probably upgraded without reading the breaking changes or the integration page.

For the Yeelights, you are 100% sure you set up a static IP address for each bulb? Did you turn on LAN Control as described on the component page?

Thanks that should sort out the yeelights part !

Guess not , just started messing around with HA yesterday thought it would work out of the box since one of them connects .

Thanks I think after I enable the LAN it will probably work :slight_smile:

Only 4 devices to go now !

If you manually configure the bulbs you better disable discovery. This is pretty much true for all devices which are automatically discovered by HA.

Yes done that already thx !

Lights part is sorted out, Harmony should have something to do with firmware version as it was working fine before when I had homeassistant instead of Hass.io .

Still having issues with Mibox !

So, I think it goes without saying that you should fully read the instructions (twice) on the Components page to fix your issues. There’s a lot of useful info on there to help with common problems like this. Most of these components are not officially supported in Home Assistant and require extra steps to configure the device. Home Assistant isn’t easy to use because of this and you need to be more diligent about your troubleshooting steps if you want to keep using Home Assistant. You know your environment (and the changes you made to it) the best and are the best resource to solving your issues.

For your Mibox issue, you should look at this specific piece of the error log and refer to the Components page for any steps:

Could not connect to MIBOX3 ANDROID TV at 192.168.0.134:5555 using Python ADB implementation without adbkey authentication
1 Like

Thanks, sorted it out in the meantime :slight_smile:

ADB server method wasn’t really working so had to go with pythonadb using adbkey !