Multiple hosts with the new glances integration

Hi,

How does one configure the system to monitor multiple hosts with the new glances integration? Before .101 all you had to do was set up multiple sensors under glances platform. Now the documentation indicates top-level configuration for only a single host.

Thanks,

Harri

Just go to the integrations page and add another Glances integration. It works just fine.

And if you prefer using yaml, this works too:

glances:
  - host: 192.168.xxx.xx
    name: "NUC"
    verify_ssl: false
    name: "Utility room RPi"
    name: "Office RPi"

Ah, that should be the way. However, when I use this config…

glances:
  - host: 192.168.0.240
    name: "nvr"
  - host: 192.168.0.250
    name: "pihole"

…I get duplicate states for all the sensors like this…

sensor.nvr_cpu_load .    0.0
sensor.nvr_cpu_load_2 .    0.2
sensor.nvr_cpu_temp .    unknown
sensor.nvr_cpu_temp_2 .    43

…and no sensor.pihole_* entities at all!

Any thoughts?

The duplicate sensors might be due to adding the Glances instance to your configuration file while also maintaining the one you previously set up via the integrations page.

As for the missing pihole sensors, I haven’t got a clue what could be the cause of that.

OK, found it and got it working as expected - I just had fumbled with integrations. Thanks for pointers!

For myself & others, what exactly did you do with integrations to resolve?

It’s been awhile, but IIRC I had duplicates that I removed.

If I have the Glances “Add-on” for the local Home Assistant, can remotes be added to the Add-on, or can they only be added via integrations? And it seems that integrations want the service running as a web server. The device display is very simplistic. The Add-on seems to use the full restful API, so you get the full Glances experience.