Multiple IKEA Traadfri Gateways - How?

Hi There
I am new in this forum.
I have a similar problem.
I have two houses. I have managed to configure two locations in Google Home.
I have installed two Ikea Trådfri gateway - one at each loaction. However I can not find the one or the other, when trying to add them into Google Home.
and so I have one of the new loadspeakers from IKEA, here is is more or less the same. The genuine SONOS loadspeakers in my vacation house does work, however at home the new brought one from IKEA doesn’t.

I have also tried to have my girlfrriends as ‘host’ for one location and the inviting me as a second user, but with no success…

Has any of you been in contact with dev/ops from google/IKEA/SONOS…?

Anybody with a solution?
Regards

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m hoping to figure out too. I have two locations. Trying to set up two different Tradfri gateways, one at each location. When I’m in the second location, all the app does is show an error that it can’t find my original gateway. I spoke to IKEA (who probably doesn’t really know much about their smart home products) and was told it’s not possible. Seems crazy. Wish I had known before I hung new Fyrtur shades in the second location!

I had the same problem. I did a lot of testing and reading and tried different workarounds with different accounts (my wifes android phone with seperate tradfri app) etc. But I could not get it to work.

So went for another solution:
For the Fyrtur in the other (remote) part of the house I took an old conbee stick, plugged it in a RPI3 with HA, added all Fyrtur in that part of the house to that HA. Then I used HACS custom addon “Remote homeassistant” for a seamless integration of everything into my main HA installation.

It works well now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I too am in the same boat. I have two building separated by about 200ft on the same network and have a gateway in each building.

Has anyone had any luck with HA since this has been merged? https://github.com/home-assistant-libs/pytradfri/pull/274 I am unclear if the new update has gotten to my HA deployment yet :S

@PHOLAUSSON in regards to using a USB stick, how does the pairing work for ikea devices such as drivers and light bulbs etc?

It still works and I update Hassos to latest versions. I dont rememeber exactly how I paired IKEA devices, but I remember that it took some patience, a few tries where not every pairing attempt was successful and I think I remember that the blinds (“Fyrtur”) only paired when I did the reset-procedure, not the pairing procedure on each device. That trick (use reset rather than pairing to pair…) have worked before for other zigbee devices/gateways for me like some aquara-gadgets on conbee.

1 Like